Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Do I have a sick mind if I like (I mean love) mouldy's shot and I'd seriously love it ingame?

durian: great stuff, and I agree wit CorSair - it looks almost like a texture.

I also like that shot because I actually realised that it the insides of some machine before reading mouldy's next post. So for me he succeeded in making that area.

Ledillman: love it, classic ZDoom look from 2005 or so. :)

Katamori said:

durian: great stuff, and I agree wit CorSair - it looks almost like a texture.

Thanks! I suspect that's at least in part because it's based on a design that's familiar from a raft of stock textures. This should make it easier to spot the extent of my plagiarism:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28198906/DW/Screenshot_Doom_20130919_020356.jpg

@Rayzik: Pretty neat :) I love the massive scale that you have going on there.

Ribbiks said:
(screenshots)

Doesn't make sense to me that there is only blue light but the rockets and the hud weapon is still fullbright with white light...

Cacodemons on a plane! Crazy map, had lots of fun with it.
-
And here are the stats from another map, died a few times there :P.

Katamori said:

A bit Sunder-esque also.

So, like, every grand-scope detailed area with sole purpose of serving a slaughter-ish encounter is now sunderesque rip-off, or something?

CorSair said:

Care to share some ground level shots of that?

Things are a little tidier now, so here you go:

Still very much work in progress (the surrounding ledge and teleport booth are place-holders). I switched from water to nukage - seems to work better with the brown of the rock.

Naturally! :)

This is actually on top the ledge surrounding the grassy area, which is, of course, inaccessible in the original.

j4rio said:

So, like, every grand-scope detailed area with sole purpose of serving a slaughter-ish encounter is now sunderesque rip-off, or something?

Something in the same vein as another work isn't necessarily a ripoff.

That said, I disagree that it looks sunderesque myself.

durian said:

Things are a little tidier now, so here you go:

Still very much work in progress (the surrounding ledge and teleport booth are place-holders). I switched from water to nukage - seems to work better with the brown of the rock.

That kind of detail takes a long time to do on my part, mostly getting frustrated when doing these. That said, looks neat.

Bloodite Krypto said:

Where I can get this Bloody Monolith o_O

It will be available someday soon. It's currently MAP09 in a WIP I'm doing.

Marcaek said:

That said, I disagree that it looks sunderesque myself.

Thought so as well, which is why I said (typed?) that.

Continued working on the "ChocolateDoom+" offspring and finally got to add overlay/tiles, like in MAME, to the GL scaler. Useful for LCD users with low end cpus.
This will take some time to see which options make sense.

j4rio said:

NO WAY DAMNIT, I mean, I didn't call it a ripoff, and I wouldn't even do it at all! But, for me, Sunder is the superior example of high-scale buildings, and every similar structures remind me of that.

They still can be unique, original, and therefore fun, though.

_bruce_ said:

Continued working on the "ChocolateDoom+" offspring and finally got to add overlay/tiles, like in MAME, to the GL scaler. Useful for LCD users with low end cpus.
This will take some time to see which options make sense.

The bleeding screen looks wierd.

Katamori said:

Sunder is the superior example of high-scale buildings, and every similar structures remind me of that.

Bah.