Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Actually, the skytexture that was used as Phobos in E1M1 was exactly from a picture of a scenery somewhere in China.

Vintage look? Quite b/w.

Reminds me on the "Captain Proton" addon in "Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force".

Nice noir shot there franckFRAG.

-

The E1M1 wad is done, next is Plutonia Map04:
I made the sewage area look better:

The administration area or in other words the demon forces staging area:

The lab/recreational area:

and finally the airvent where the lost souls were:

(Shots taken after combat ended)

I recently had an eye operation and I lost the use of my left eye temporarily, so I've been mapping with one eye haha. How does it look? I don't trust my judgement atm. :P

DeathevokatioN said:

I recently had an eye operation and I lost the use of my left eye temporarily, so I've been mapping with one eye haha. How does it look? I don't trust my judgement atm. :P

It looks cool dude :-)

I'd only suggest maybe a different texture bordering the techwall texture in place of the 'metal' texture, maybe a metal texture with horizontal lines. And it does look a little bit cramped, but as long as the gameplay complements the small space, it's cool. Hope your recovery is swift!

Thanks for the encourage LigH, Joshy, I'll look into a substitute texture, I agree about it being a bit cramped and accordingly there won't be much going on in terms of gameplay in the offending area.

oh shutup deathevokation your maps are outstanding :)

DeathevokatioN said:

one-eyed mapping

Looks good to me. Oddly enough, that shot does screw with my own depth perception, though I'm guessing that's the angle it was taken from and the way the textures match up. Also, I agree that the overhang above the tekwall could use a different texture...STEP3 perhaps? Doodle around and see what looks more seamless. Looks like a fun one though, it looks like it does a good job of emphasizing the third dimension to create the illusion of stacked floors.

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks good. The layout of this shot really reminds me of a DM map from Quake 3 or Live, can't remember the name of it right now though.

Have you ever done anything in Doom while listening to depressive music?

This is mine. Not so much, but I tried to give the feeling of being alone in a cloudy dawn.

Katamori said:

This is mine. Not so much, but I tried to give the feeling of being alone in a cloudy dawn.

http://i.imgur.com/RffsQTA.jpg

That bed can only mean one thing: Doomguy's Pimp Adventures sequel

Katamori said:

http://i.imgur.com/RffsQTA.jpg

I'd say it'd get the effect over better if the contrast were a bit higher between the light and dark areas. Also, if you want to be hardcore some sector coloring or palette swap (or, hell, just different textures) with more gray or blue-gray might help too. The unmade bed under the barred window is a nice touch though.

I'm sure I've done some mapping listening to depressive music, as it comes up enough in my regular circulation of music/mood.