Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Many of these areas look quite cramped with annoying obstacles, probably not very fun to run around in. But certainly some interesting architecture, especially the ceilings in Ninja Doom.

Lol at Marnetmar's chaingun, that looks like it could've been a Russian Overkill weapon.

Afterglow said:

images everywhere

*head explodes*

Marnetmar said:

green cagetex img

looks neat! if Quake 1 E1 were green, I imagine that's what it'd look like

Memfis said:

Many of these areas look quite cramped with annoying obstacles, probably not very fun to run around in.

That's why they were turfed. I'd instead use the same aesthetics on new layouts created from scratch.

Crucified Dreams MAP14 early draft, made around SurgeDM's release

Tossed Crucified Dreams map

This didn't even make the MAP33-41 throwaways (for some reason people took those seriously? Crudreams is MAP01-32.) There's an earlier primitive 1998 version of this but I can't find it as I deleted all Crudreams resources long ago. This also means I can't find the texture WAD for the above screenshots. At least one room shown will appear in a future single player level. Only started that one immediately after GothicDM2's release.

Afterglow said:

future single player level

will be it be released before the year 20XX?

SLaVE, my game using the EDGE sourceport.

Lately, I've been tinkering. Lighting is now a square, and very stylised in keeping with the game's aesthetic. There's a new font, shown on the (placeholder, I'm working on an energy bar when I can understand COAL scripting properly) health in the bottom-left and the score in the top-right.

Yeah, score. I finally have a scoring mechanism. Which I think is neat.

Tango said:

will be it be released before the year 20XX?

My other four levels are finished and this one's 90%, only because I decided the layout's progression is shithouse. Just needs ~5hr work without new areas needed.

Jayextee said:

SLaVE, my game using the EDGE sourceport.

Lately, I've been tinkering. Lighting is now a square, and very stylised in keeping with the game's aesthetic. There's a new font, shown on the (placeholder, I'm working on an energy bar when I can understand COAL scripting properly) health in the bottom-left and the score in the top-right.

Yeah, score. I finally have a scoring mechanism. Which I think is neat.

YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!

(Looks awesome!)

Afterglow said:

My other four levels are finished and this one's 90%, only because I decided the layout's progression is shithouse. Just needs ~5hr work without new areas needed.

Are you releasing a new project soon? If so then I look forward to it :)

Hey guys, here are two more pictures from my DOOM tribute:

http://imgur.com/1c5WKyv,GZnNSKi#1

It's still not done even though I aimed at a December 10th release, and later a December 24th deadline, but this time I'm going to keep my mouth shut, and just say that maps 1 and 2 are almost 100%, and map 3 remains, but all resource related stuff is also almost 100%.

See ya soon...!

Oh, and MERRY XMAS, everyone! :P Snow is abscent here and the wind is blowing and making racket as if it were autumn, but the evening and company of family has at least been more reminiscent of Xmas. :)

gemini09 said:

Are you releasing a new project soon? If so then I look forward to it :)

Hey guys, here are two more pictures from my DOOM tribute:

http://imgur.com/1c5WKyv,GZnNSKi#1

It's still not done even though I aimed at a December 10th release, and later a December 24th deadline, but this time I'm going to keep my mouth shut, and just say that maps 1 and 2 are almost 100%, and map 3 remains, but all resource related stuff is also almost 100%.

See ya soon...!

Oh, and MERRY XMAS, everyone! :P Snow is abscent here and the wind is blowing and making racket as if it were autumn, but the evening and company of family has at least been more reminiscent of Xmas. :)

Nice shot. Reminds me of that one canyon in... Plutonia? I'm pretty sure, anyway. I think it could use some more craggy detailing on the walls, with some light variation, just to break up them up a bit. Good, organic-looking rockiness, though.

Also, the second screenshot in that album looks really enticing. Some sort of death or garbage or deadgarbage pit, I'm guessing.

Merry X-mas, Gemini; and to all my fellow Doomers as well! I didn't get any gifts this year (as is my preference), but I did get total access to a friend's liquor cabinet, so I'm happy.

schwerpunk said:

Merry X-mas, Gemini; and to all my fellow Doomers as well! I didn't get any gifts this year (as is my preference), but I did get total access to a friend's liquor cabinet, so I'm happy.

Hehe, you picked up the red key :) Thanks a lot man :)

@ Ribbicks: Screenshot #1 is just beautiful. Love those angles, and having the whole structure set slightly underwater is a real nice aesthetic flourish.

Screenshot #3 kind of reminds me of Doom 64. It's probably the light gradient-like wall texture.

Cell said:

An even-more hellish rendition of the symbol seen in CC2 MAP19: The Marbelous Three. Coming soon!

That truly looks badass. I might take a little "inspiration" from that ;)

Hear ye, hear ye, progress on MAP12: "Cenotaph".

Maybe those lights would look better if they weren't aligned to each other and if the height levels were more varied?