Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Katamori said:

Why does it even need a factory, Josh? :P there are painfully few "pure mountain/cave only" maps. It may be a nice-looking one.

Dat acid gotta come from somewhere :P

The map was going to be some sort of assault on a huge complex (Hence the name "Acid Assault") but I guess it couldn't hurt to remove the factory...

But what will I do in between cave systems?

Katamori said:

Acid planet? :P

"You have been sent to planet Zephry to test out the new UAC prototype HEV suit, the suit will render you impervious to the acidic liquids upon the planet Zephry's scolded surface.

However, the UAC didn't tell you that this was also a combat deployment, upon reaching your set destination you were attacked b a very familiar foe...

The UAC suit will sustain you in the acid, but it will not save you from gunfire, plasma and other projectiles and having only brought your sidearm you will have to scavenge weapons from this abandoned rocky wasteland.

Don't worry though, the UAC still has some left over supplies and weapons left over from failed combat ops on this rock, hopefully you can find a plasma rifle or two."

Textfile sorted :P

Got bored so I opened the editor. Not for any particular project and too much brown at the moment.

Should I bother to finish this? If so, is there anything that should be changed about it? I could add color to the headlamp, a warning stripe at the bottom and a UAC logo plate over the storage compartment if I do continue.

Sodaholic said:

Should I bother to finish this? If so, is there anything that should be changed about it? I could add color to the headlamp, a warning stripe at the bottom and a UAC logo plate over the storage compartment if I do continue.

Haha - love it! Maybe try adding a logo.

@Soda - awesome. It looks so cool and funny at the same time. Nice shading and detail. Imagine him hovering to work and as soon as traffic slows down he readies his BFG and...
lots of huge gutted employees went missing that morning.

I couldn't resist for the desire anymore: I make my dream come true, and started creating a map that based on the 2nd chapter of the (in?)famous indie game, Super Meat Boy.

I Doomificate all the levels of The Hospital as I can.

It's gonna be as hard as SMB was, don't even think about easy runs. For example, skull textures hurt you. ALL OF THEM.

I hope I can contribute this map to Doomworld Mega Project 2014.

there will be FPS platforming in that map

I'm gonna try to make it playable, but I must do this!

LigH said:

I guess Sgt. Phil has one word for that...

And nobody got this reference?

Have you ever seen a flying UAC base? You'll see, I swear...you'll see somewhere in future...I mean: Somewhere in Time!

Less than an hour of work, I didn't sleep last night. How bizarre that I can do mapping better in this state than in case of being relaxed. Still WIP, though.

I don't know what is funnier: your comment, or the fact that I can seriously imagine this name as the actual name of the map... :O

Well, I find the repetitive patterns a bit disturbing; with a different texture I might have suggested "S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ" instead.

Nah, just joking - I already have some ideas. (Airbase Infiltration, Skytech HQ, UAC Flybase, The Floating Station, etc.) Also, I'm working on polishing at the moment, but visplane overflow was a small but significant problem.

Probably better now:

Katamori said:

Have you ever seen a flying UAC base?

Yes, in MAP20 of CC4 and scifista made one for DMP2013 too.
But this is good nevertheless.

EDIT: Say something about my map I just posted. :p

Joe, those are spacebase maps, my map isn't. Look at the sky, that is NOT space :P

About your pic: you're slowly but surely improving, good luck!

Katamori said:

Joe, those are spacebase maps, my map isn't. Look at the sky, that is NOT space :P

About your pic: you're slowly but surely improving, good luck!

But it floats and the sky is blue.