• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Ragnor said:

Eris does it again. *never gonna let it die*

I laughed a lot at "Temple of Dongs."
I'm now obliged to post how much more obvious it looks with a cleaner (not) automap.
Although this does show something significant for the map. Because yes, that is a new area down the bottom. It's still WIP, but the layout of the map is now a complete circle. It needs detailing, then monsters and stuff need adding across the map, then it's officially done, then I can move on to MAP03, which I have a very clear vision for.

I'm kinda proud of this layout actually. I never thought I could do non-linear.

edit: ah, may as well put an in-game shot too

looks really cool, Eris!

also, i made a crazy thing while listening to napalm Death Scum album:

walter confalonieri said:

looks really cool, Eris!

also, i made a crazy thing while listening to napalm Death Scum album:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0r7tE13.png[IMG]

Isn't it inspired by 'Quarry' from TNT?

Ledillman said:

Not sure if posted this before, but i've been messing around with the color palette, specially green (added a Q2 feel... somehow)

you're not the only one who made a custom palette. :p

I made this a few months ago with a ton of purple emphasis added to it.

Another shot of MAP15 of doom0.

Adding enemies and secrets with stuff later.
Oh, and the water is not accesible.

you know, I actually tried this palette in Stardate once. and when I did, all the purple that's supposed to be there became green somehow. suffice to say, I ruined it. D:

joe-ilya said:

^ Vulcano by Pcorf?

Blue key area, MAP03 of Threshold of Pain, redone in a hellish style.

Getsu Fune: The purple in stardate's palette replaced the green colours, not the red, that's why.

http://i.imgur.com/Zv8BL0m.jpg

beginning of map02, which is both a tribute to Hell Revealed 2 and Chrozoron, and later on also a collaboration with him :)

This is the start area, which will be peaceful and quiet, and the first monster encounter will be a little further into the map.

Environment looks cool, especially in second pic. Though, that door texture in first pic irks me.

@ gemini09:

Nope. This texture is not useful for areas you can get close to. It loses its 3D immersion.

@ Breezeep:

A darker sky? And ... not sure if the stacked walls to the left of the first shot really look good.

I appreciate your concern and input, LigH. I've played around with several [floor] textures, and I like the appearance of these textures the most. It could change, but frankly I doubt it, although it might possibly change if Chroz puts a shotgun to my head :]

Well, then, at least, try to give them more different altitudes?

Not at this stage. The simpler something is, the easier it is to keep a nice overview. I started the map over because the first attempts got cluttered, so I'm avoiding that now. Once the map is completely finished, I'll absolutely look into it. Right now I suppose things are in the "boxing out" stage.

LigH said:

So I'll stay curious for the result.

Thank you very much. I hope it won't disappoint and that it'll be found to be fun and enjoyable. That's the goal :)

Breezeep said:

Some more plutonia wip stuff.

what do you guys think?

The step from the lower gray parts to the upper green parts is pulled off really nicely. Looks harmonious :)

The final piece of the map comes into place, but I'm not entirely sure on some bits of it. Particularly the walkway. The lighting contrast might be a bit sharp too.

There will be a time when you venture beyond the railing..but that time is not now...

And the other way, thinking about putting an hourglass shape pillar somewhere to support that overhead rock, it looks weird on its own.

edit: Linedef count nearly 8000. "Small" map.

Breezeep: Beautifully-done natural landscapes, everything blends together so well. Gotta love Plutonia's Texture set.

Eris: Temple maps are cool. It looks almost cozy there.

Say hello to another remake, say hello to NPC Hissy.
I need a break...

Eris Falling said:

Blue key area, MAP03 of Threshold of Pain, redone in a hellish style.

Getsu Fune: The purple in stardate's palette replaced the green colours, not the red, that's why.

Eris wins the point.

@Eris: Dude that looks freaking awesome. reminds me of 2nd episode Quake.

FuzzballFox said:

I dunno...have a couple random textures/flats~

Yoink.