Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

@Joe I'd recommend nixing those lights on the floor, they look pretty dodgy all abruptly cut off like that.

Shadow Hog said:

Creating interesting Moire patterns on the ground? :V

More serious guess: something Quake-inspired. At any rate, that's the vibe it gives me.

Close, but no. Its GZDoom64.

Obsidian said:

@Joe I'd recommend nixing those lights on the floor, they look pretty dodgy all abruptly cut off like that.

I think there's a step there just giving the impression that the texture is cut.

Look at the medi-pack.

Obsidian said:

The whole map is steps, so yeah.

Six said:

I think there's a step there just giving the impression that the texture is cut.

Look at the medi-pack.

Ah, right. Kinda tricky to tell, I guess.

Please don't do that 1/3 chocolate brick in the 2nd shot. The 1st shot seems like a shrine of a type, maybe make the corners more rounded, jagged, and circular in varying severity in order to create a feeling of desolation. The greyrock is a displaying too many 90 degree angles.

That's the TC/PC in progress, the Doom-themed one with resprited weapons, right? I like it, the textures too. All of them look cool to me.

Avoozl said:

Something seems off about the + texture though.

Care to share?

Scifista: I wouldn't call it much of a TC, I've only replaced a couple weapons and all but one enemy are the same. The project is called Orange Is The New Startan, and it's just an excuse to make a ton of orange/brown textures :)

And that's the great thing about it - that it's not just rusty-rusty (and brown) like all the other textures.

i think it may be because of the highlight, it's giving the impression of the wrong material. I might be able to tweak it to look more like metal as intended, ty for the feedback!

joe-ilya said:

The textures suck, map itself shapes up quite well.

Define...why they suck instead of just slagging them off. It has a unique look I think~!

joe-ilya said:

The textures suck, map itself shapes up quite well.

That's rich, coming from you of all people.

Breezeep said:

Joe, do you have anger issues or something?

He's kinda young and they don't speak English as a native language where he's from. But yeah, Joe could stand to be a lot less blunt.

Obsidian said:

He's kinda young and they don't speak English as a native language where he's from. But yeah, Joe could stand to be a lot less blunt.

Except there's a difference between being blunt and being a dumbass; those are dev textures. And him of all people saying something sucks is like the pot calling the kettle black. Joe's screenshots are like the only ugly things posted in this thread.

So, this week i experimented with something i've never done before, i made a collaboration map for the TNT: Project Geryon alongside Impboy4 named "Canyon Halls".

It was a fun experience and i'm sure we'll be making more maps soon.

Obsidian said:

Looks good, although I don't see many TNT textures.

We took advantage to the fact that the project doesn't have any rules about tnt theme (no our fault).

Fair enough. Either way it looks excellent and it's good that you guys had fun making it as well. :)

The chronicles of ilya :

Page 497 : Joe devellops a cocoon for an attitude.
Page 511 : Joe emerges from the cocoon.
Page end : we all had a laugh, problem solved.

This is my solution to play the BFG edition wad on the dos exe 1.9