Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

mrthejoshmon said:

(I hope Team Nova don't mind me taking so long :P)

I'm taking longer than you are...

I just got back to this map after three months of not working on it and am feeling a bit moldy about it. suggestions?

Getsu Fune said:

I just got back to this map after three months of not working on it and am feeling a bit moldy about it. suggestions?

The room is a little flat. Maybe add a lavafall across the middle of the room somewhere, dividing it into upper and lower pools? Then you could build the primary gameplay area around that. Perhaps add some deeper vaulting to the ceiling while you're at it. Also, that SP_HOT wall blends in a little too well with the REDROCK around it, so either a texture change or maybe making the SP_HOT part just jut out more noticeably would look good.

That looks pretty awesome, Getsu Fune, sort of reminds me of one of the maps I made for my latest project.

Omegalore said:

Mancubus as a evil Santa. Gonna be used for Justin's 99' buggy Xmas wad I was enhancing for 3 years.

Full sprite:
http://puu.sh/cMg6T/be5a8f94ff.png

Well, I like the concept! Style-wise, it sort of reminds me of the Raymond Briggs Father Christmas. Certain aspects of the execution seem a little off to me, though. Since the beard is plain white and lacks much (any?) definition, front on, it kinda looks like a beard-shaped hole. I can see the thought behind the recolour, but at the moment - since the definition in the mancs skin is still very much there - it looks more like he's wearing a red bodystocking than a Santa outfit. Also, the recolour has affected various pixels in the mancs hand canons - maybe change those back? Anyway, cute.

Hah! Good. I also noticed on some sidewise frames that his head/face is red, which it isn't front-on, so that'll look a little weird in-game.

Gave him a hat and made him animated. First Gif BTW.

Sorry there's not full transparency. I did set that to GMImageEditor, still has white background :/

I used GMImageEditor for transparency and I used a online Gif animator for animation.

mrthejoshmon said:

Also MLP sucks :P

Good to know I'm not the only guy who thinks that.

joe-ilya said:

Have you ever watched the first episode of MLP? It's not as bad as you think, really. I used to think the same untill I saw the episode.

The problem with fans of the show like you is that you spread it to places where it's typically not well-received or conflicts in terms of personality with each piece of media. Keep the HUD to yourself, don't show it to us when you're taking pictures of it, or you're obviously going to get flak for it.

The avatar is one thing; having it in screenshots is another.

Here. Copy/paste this text in your zdoom-user.ini, under the "[Doom.ConsoleAliases]" section. Then bind your print screen key to cleansrn instead of the normal screenshot command.

Name=resetsrn
Command=r_drawplayersprites 1;crosshair $ep_crosshair;screenblocks $ep_screenblocks;show_messages $ep_show_messages
Name=savescrn
Command=set ep_screenblocks $screenblocks; set ep_crosshair $crosshair; set ep_show_messages $show_messages
Name=hidescrn
Command=r_drawplayersprites 0;screenblocks 12;crosshair 0;show_messages 0
Name=cleansrn
Command=savescrn;hidescrn;wait;screenshot;wait;resetsrn

joe-ilya said:

Will you tell 'doomhuntress' to fuck off with his pony avatar? I don't think so.

I'm quite sure that they are obviously a she.

-

But anyway, I ain't telling you to GTFO with your MLP, I am telling you that I think MLP sucks and I don't like it (and it also makes everything look about 50% worse than it is).

rf` said:

Instead of bitching about ponies, can we discuss how awful that hud is?

Absolutely horrendous, I once recolored a grass FLAT and used that as a STATBAR and it still looks better than that.

EDIT: Here it is:

Revved said:

The problem with fans of the show like you is that you spread it to places where it's typically not well-received

I would argue that the problem is actually in people like you. It isn't necessary at all to bash MLP every time you see something related to it, especially when you don't have anything substantial or new to say. You can kind of just move along instead of bringing completely unneeded negativity everywhere. All you do when acting like that is just add more to the problem. Now pretty soon all these MLP-related posts will be post helled and that will add to the problem even more since it will offend the fans of MLP and make the MLP haters even more confident in that their hatred is justified.

Memfis said:

You can kind of just move along instead of bringing completely unneeded negativity everywhere.

Bookmarked for posteriority. Expect to be hit with this many times in the future, because you tend to be the master bitch in threads for high profile projects.

That is very true, I write crap troll posts all the time here. :( Perhaps in order to relieve my frustrations from IRL, which I suck at big time. Not that it helps any, in fact usually it just makes me even more disgusted by myself. Reminds me of how I used to spend full days just bitching on 2ch (Russian 4chan). Guess I haven't really changed since then.

Memfis said:

That is very true, I write crap troll posts all the time here. :( Perhaps in order to relieve my frustrations from IRL, which I suck at big time. Not that it helps any, in fact usually it just makes me even more disgusted by myself. Reminds me of how I used to spend full days just bitching on 2ch (Russian 4chan). Guess I haven't really changed since then.

So Moe.

I've been experimenting with ways of keeping the player from backing out of a 'hold the breach' scenario, going on in the, uh, brown room - this means stopping them from running back down the connecting corridor. This is what I've settled on so far:

Corridor narrows, two bollards raise, and two arachnotrons spawn - the bollards keep the arachnotrons in place, blocking the corridor, and their attack gives the player an incentive to keep away from the corridor entrance - more fun than just locking them in :)

Another slightly tidier idea would be to replace the bollards with 2 thin sectors that lower into the ground by at least 25 units: obviously these won't stop the player, but it will pen in the Arachnotron considering monsters won't go over a sector with a height difference of more than 24. It's sort of like a monster blocking line you can control and if you mark the lines as hidden and keep them untextured it's completely undetectable.

Ooh, nice idea. I'm in two minds about whether I want the blocking force to be visible or not - I don't want the player to think they might have a chance of coaxing the spiders out - but I'll have a play. Thanks! :)

durian said:

I've been experimenting with ways of keeping the player from backing out of a 'hold the breach' scenario, going on in the, uh, brown room - this means stopping them from running back down the connecting corridor. This is what I've settled on so far:

Corridor narrows, two bollards raise, and two arachnotrons spawn - the bollards keep the arachnotrons in place, blocking the corridor, and their attack gives the player an incentive to keep away from the corridor entrance - more fun than just locking them in :)

What I like about this idea, unlike 'block monster' or lowered sectors, is that other monsters can move around the bollards just fine.

Egregor said:

What I like about this idea, unlike 'block monster' or lowered sectors, is that other monsters can move around the bollards just fine.

I suppose you could always have the bollard lower instead of raise so small monsters can still get around. :)