Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dutch devil said:

An Zdoom map I am trying to complete, ignore the sky I'm using the CC4 resource wad I still need to create an skybox.

Is that a remake of anything by any chance?

dutch devil said:

Yes an remake of one of my own maps, I'm stuck with my CC4 map so I do this to get into that mapping flow again.

It's "a remake", not "an remake". Also, I hope you finish up your CC4 map.

Wow... awesome looking images there people....

TomoAlien... keep up the good work... the screen there is as good as the first level of HR... keep going.

Esselfortium... that is fabulous screens. you have there.

Rottkind and dutchdevil.... nice.

Dammit, now I'm all inspired and am going to have to go back to my editor and work some more... and I've already been doing it all day.....

P.S.

<-- will detail levels for food

This is “Das Labor” with the “10x” wad combined... You will have a frame rate of 1 frame per 2 seconds :-P ... I’m waiting for a better computer to handle this :-/ !

Ok people.......

Here are my all time favourite "dead" screenshots.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arrows2ua1.png

http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadchaingunnernq7.png

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arrows1rh8.png

The first image is from Kama Sutra lvl 28.

The other two are from level 7 of my own little project.

I especially like the last one where the spectre is standing on my corpse... :P

dutch devil said:

Yes an remake of one of my own maps, I'm stuck with my CC4 map so I do this to get into that mapping flow again.

Altar of Evil? :D

"HEY THERE RODENT..... CAN YOU SPELL EXTINCTION"

Well why else would you be pointing a double barrel shotty a a poor defenceless.... whatever it is. Squirrel..?

Eternity map I'm working on:

Linked portals FTW!

I need to work on the light levels a bit more... currently it's all relatively dark.

Cybermaarten your level looks wonderful... I like it a lot.

As does yours Vader.

And dont even get me started on some of your levels dutch devil...

Keep it up guys....

ok everyone has thoroughly impressed me with all their screens. good work. vader, you have completely obliterated the standards and set the bar even higher. one day i hope to achieve the same level of mapping that you have.

Wow, thanks guys :)

@Butts: The map you detailed for Greenwar2 looks quite impressive, so I'd say your'e on the right way :P

Aw man. I'm supposed to be able to figure out that kind of crap. You're mean, Essel.

I see that the edges of the pool jut out one map unit into the water, showing that this effect is half created by green-tinted metal and rock textures. But, the slime's "surface" can't be flat-related as I've never heard of partially transparent flat tricks in Doom, it can't be part of the green-tinted textures as the surface's features would look wrong from any other angle, it certainly can't have anything to do with things, as you don't have the spare frames or a sprite-rendering limit high enough to render a thousand floating pixel sprites, and it can't be floating middle textures because any configuration of those that would look okay from any angle would have far too many lines for vanilla!

Therefore, via the process of elimination, I can only conclude that this is Esselmagic. That, or this is just an Eternity portal and he's totally lying.

There's another similarly-named screenshot in the same folder, taken in Eternity, to show how it looks in hi-res. It will probably shed some more light on its workings. (It's really quite simple!)

Pfff. Some trick. If I changed the light value of the slime by even 1 it would stop working!

Why the hell do I really want to play KDiKDiZD even though I hate KDiZD?

Creaphis said:

Pfff. Some trick. If I changed the light value of the slime by even 1 it would stop working!

That is why you do not do that :P
(edit: actually i don't think that'd cause any problems at all. it still looks right with idbeholdl, since the textures' brightness changes too, of course.)

exp(x) said:

Why the hell do I really want to play KDiKDiZD even though I hate KDiZD?

Because you do not hate KDiZD, rather you hate yourself :'(

The way the pillar 'reflects' itself, in a much longer image than above, makes me think of the missing-texture/flat-bleeding effect. Maybe the frames of the metal texture on the outside border of the pool are achieved with 'floating' middle textures. And the thing levitation is rendered with a 'self-referencing' sector.

As for StupidBunny's photos: the first five look a lot like TNT: Evilution or Star Wars. The last three are more Doom 2-like. I wouldn't suggest you to remove the Wolfenstein textured one, no I wouldn't.