Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warriordoomer

call of duty modern warfare

Nope. You might wanna change the topic title to something more fitting and change the acronym into the full name

SP was very fun. Excellent art direction, extremely fast DOP post process shader, all around sleek, if not innovative engine.

I played through the single player campaign, it was enjoyable. The story was good, but after beating it I felt no need to go back and play through it again. I'd much rather play through the first COD and United Offensive, they felt more dire and action packed, less scripted. Plus I really hate how modern fps's have completely shunned the health meter. Also, the weapons seemed to lack any oomph, the AI seemed to be virtually the same as the first COD (Hell, even the nazis in the first medal of honor on playstation could fire around corners and throw grenades, or dive on them to save allies), and the graphics seemed on par with SOF 2, except for the British mission with the ghillie suits, that one looked really good. Good game, good story, but the single player is nothing amazing, and not worth the creaming. I've played cod, united offensive, cod 2, cod 3, big red one, and cod 4, and really after the first one and it's expansion they haven't been all that good in my opinion. I think one of the biggest reasons is the fact that health meters were done away with, all you have to do to survive is duck behind cover for a few seconds and you're superman again, there's no tense moments where you're hanging on by a sliver trying to get through a group of soldiers using everything at your disposal just to get to that next health pack.

I liked the single-player campaign a LOT. The gunship and sniper levels are easily the most fun I've had in an FPS since Half-Life 2. I've played through a few times on the PS3 and I'm still finding new interesting things to so. Haven't tried the multiplayer, though, and I probably never will.

Technician said:

I neveer played a call of duty game in my life. Guess I'm missing out.

Not really, COD has basically become the next Medal of Honor. Churning out sequels yearly with very few actual innovations. Hell, they even took out leaning in COD 3.

Regardless, I plan on getting this for my birthday.

CoD4... The singleplayer is short but pretty fun and memorable, at least I thought so. :P Plus the higher difficulties are actually a fair challenge and not piss easy bullshit all the way through like a lot of games these days. The multiplayer is really good, my favorite aspect of it.

The other Call of Duty games are just WWII games, but number 2 was decent.

I played COD4, and it was my first of the series, so I'd have to say that it seemed really awesome to me (if not a little frustrating at times in the higher difficulties, like, Veteran :P).

SP Campaign was great, I loved the action, it was like playing a movie, even if that made it really linear, it was cool.

MP is great, its fun to get a Grenadier class, sneak up behind someone, and peg 'em in the back of the head with the launcher (it doesnt explode immediately because it has to travel for about 50 feet before it arms, which adds to the hilarity. *THUNK*death*)

Also, the cheats in the game are great, and also are quite funny. I like enabling Ragtime Warfare (turns the screen sepia and replaces sound with piano music), Cluster Bombs (makes frag grenades spit out 10 other frag grenades when they go off), and A Bad Year (which makes enemies burst into a pile of tires when you kill them. Throw a frag grenade into a group of enemies and watch the ensuing tire fountains, its great. A Bad Year also messes with the cinematic scenes in the game, its funny watching one of the main characters in the game die in slow-motion then burst into a pile of tires.

The letdown for me is that;

1. Ragdoll effects seem to be broken on my comp
2. There are few mods out for it at the moment, and none of them really astounding.

I played Call of Duty 4 at a friends house on MP. Honestly, I didn't find it that great. Sure it looks nice, but I didn't like the gameplay. Perhaps it was just because I was new at the game and I sucked at it, but I have played other games in which I am also shit, but have a blast nonetheless. Maybe the SP is different, but like I said, I haven't had a chance to try it out.

While I would normally do my bit to counter popular game rage, I sort of agree. It's pretty meh. Sure it's cinematic, but that's really all it is. I don't mind linear, but CoD might as well be time crisis played with a mouse. Also I can't bloody stand those bits where enemies respawn until you cross an inviable barrier.

Multiplayer's fun though.

Great game, because people die in like 2 shots it's pretty easy to get good at it.

Multiplayer with some friends is quite fun. How long you'll keep playing it though, well that might be another story.

I just downloaded the PC demo (all 1.4 GB of it), I'll try it out in a little bit. I'm worried how it'll run, though. I just meet the minimum processor requirements, and I have a GeForce 6100n as opposed to the reccomended 6600+.
I hope it's worth the 3+ hour download time.
EDIT: Just finished the demo. Disgustingly short for its bloated 1.34 gig filesize. It still has the cliched Call of Duty gimmics(seemingly endless supply of enemy AI soldiers, tension mainly caused by the music and millions of bullets hitting everywhere, etc.). The soundtrack(or what little of it is featured) is quite impressive, despite sounding like the composer's pretending to be Trevor Rabin in some places. As I expected, it didn't run very well. I must've gotten an average of ~15 fps throughout it.

Technician said:

I neveer played a call of duty game in my life. Guess I'm missing out.

I would say play the first one, and the united offensive expansion pack. They were very good games in my opinion, a bit short, but they were challenging, cinematic, atmospheric, and very enjoyable. After those two games they kind of felt the need to slam the series head against a brick wall and then shove it's head into an overflowing toilet. The sewage was very pretty mind you, with flowers and rainbows and the like, but it was still shit. Once the health meter was gone the challenge was gone, you didn't have to worry about sneaking past sniper fire, or dodging mortar shells trying to get to the next destination and hoping it had a medi-kit. You could just hop behind a rock and suck your thumb and mother goose would heal you. Unless of course they slammed an arbitrary time limit in your face to provide a fake sense of urgency. If you like really good shooters that ooze atmosphere, and provide a nice challenge, play COD and the expansion. If you're interested in WWII then it's a nice little bonus.