Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geerdy2002

Port

Oke guys what port is the best ?
I play doom 1 & 2 with the doom95 launcher. Its oké but
you know :-)

I have tried them all i think . But What is the best ?

Depends what you want to do. ZDoom has the most options and is probably the fastest, but the gameplay and functionality is absolutely butchered. JDoom is openGL but you'll get a nasty eyeache after an hour or so because there's no option to remove the blur that looks like you just woke up after getting knocked out by a baseball bat or steel bar. PRBoom is the purest of ports, it's a windows version of Boom with high-res and one of the few ports that hasn't ruined the gameplay and functionality in one way or another. If you can run DOS ports, my port of choice is MBF, it's like an advanced version of Boom/PRBoom and then some.

(...) my port of choice is MBF, it's like an advanced version of Boom/PRBoom and then some.

Well, since prBoom uses parts of MBF's code, I guess MBF is NOT an advanced version of prBoom... :P

I recommeneded MBF to someone else ages ago and got laughed at 'cos it's "soooo old"

Well, I'm with Lut here, ZDoom is great but you have to fuck around with it loads 'till you're happy. I love the drag 'n' drop wads, dehs, etc. which makes it easy and fast.

I finally got it working to my satisfation, except for some reason doesn't speed up player. Lut?

MBF is a great no-frills piece of software, nothing is more stable with .dehs. There are lots of cool gameplay options, more evn than ZDoom, but if you like it'll run just like the original '95.

I did have sound problems with it, though, but that's most likely my gay system

YEAH BUT IT'S TOO MUCH HASSLE FRIGGIN' AROUND WITH THE CONFIG FILES AND THE BOTS ARE HIT AND MISS. MBF HAD HELPER DOGS, HOW COOL WAS THAT?

(...) my port of choice is MBF, it's like an advanced version of Boom/PRBoom and then some.

Well, since prBoom uses parts of MBF's code, I guess MBF is NOT an advanced version of prBoom... :P

Well, that must be a recent development then :P

I really only say MBF because Millennium's based on it and that's the engine use to play all my games whenever possible. I've only used the original MBF once a year or two ago, don't remember it much.

I finally got it working to my satisfation, except for some reason doesn't speed up player. Lut?

You're a fucktard who couldn't hit the ground if it weren't for gravity?

I did have sound problems with it, though, but that's most likely my gay system

If you have Win98 or later, Allegro (the sound engine) will do totally random stuff. I've played Millennium for over 2 years without soundfx before finally getting Win95b back and right away the soundfx were working properly.

fucktard

Fuck you Lut, you know damn well what I meant. Run doesn't work regardless of binding it properly, setting joy_multiplier correctly, evrything

How about a constructive comment, asshole?

I've had a few whiskies so don't grate on my nerves...

ps. you're my god

If you have Win98 or later, Allegro (the sound engine) will do totally random stuff. I've played Millennium for over 2 years without soundfx before finally getting Win95b back and right away the soundfx were working properly.

Heh, we could just put random farting sounds and lame jokes for Millennium's new sounds. Or maybe they're already there and I haven't heard them yet...

Run doesn't work regardless of binding it properly, setting joy_multiplier correctly, evrything

Really, I have no idea, I just go to setup, pick the run key and use it. Don't even bother opening the CFG file.

You're a cab.

Heh, we could just put random farting sounds and lame jokes for Millennium's new sounds. Or maybe they're already there and I haven't heard them yet...

Eh...... heh :P

Lut, seriously, when will it come out? I mean, you don't have to be too exact, give me a nearest month or two..
are you short on people?

Lut, seriously, when will it come out?

I really have no idea. My end of the deal never seems to be done. The main WAD should be compiled in hopefully 2 months, dunno about the rest but it'll sure get WAY easier from that point.

are you short on people?

More like short on organization. But, that is because of shortage of people, so that's partially correct.

Zaldron's laughing... mmm, is he doing the graphics, I forget, I haven't been to any of the DW hosted and others for ages, I've only been to ZDoom lately..

the problem with a project getting older is that you need then to go back to the beginning and update things, know what I mean? deadnail was rambling on about that somewhere...

Zaldron's laughing... mmm, is he doing the graphics, I forget

Yep, he's doing ALL of them.

the problem with a project getting older is that you need then to go back to the beginning and update things, know what I mean?

Do I ever.

fucktard

Fuck you Lut, you know damn well what I meant. Run doesn't work regardless of binding it properly, setting joy_multiplier correctly, evrything

Heh, how bout you take a fucking chill pill?

ps. you're my god

Well, theres that constructive comment you asked for ^_^

If I had to choose one port, I'd choose PrBoom any day. Very compatible, doesn't mess up the gameplay and it looks good.

and it looks good.

Until you put it in high-res and the lighting gets fucked.

and it looks good.

Dunno about that. I play oldschool, 320x200

Ah, cool.

Well if you've got it in higher resolutions, the color banding gets screwy. Best example is in a pitch dark room, put it on the highest resolution and walk up to the walls. They light up to at least 192.

Hmm, exactly what do you mean by "high res"? I tried doom2 map27 in 640x480 and it looked alright.

HELL YES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

count me in. i always use 320x200.

I play always at the port's highest resolution. PrBoom is the only one runs fast enough at 1600 x 1200.

...one of the few ports that hasn't ruined the gameplay and functionality in one way or another.

Eh?

Oh, and King Elvis, I don't know about you, but I'd like to actually SEE the screen and the menus when I play. Heh.

HELL YES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

count me in. i always use 320x200.

Meh. i don't even use ports.

Lut: Legacy and zDoom got that exact same thing iirc..

My fav ports are Legacy and Eternity...

Eternity I don't use as much as I would have wanted too cause the sound is fucked.. like all the ports in that row...

All the ports serve their purpose.

PRBoom is good for playing demos windowed while screwing around.

ZDoom has kickass features and in my opinion it's still my favorite port, although for some reason since I upgraded to XP I'm getting bizarre sound bugs followed by the program being terminated. =/

Legacy still rocks for splitscreen DM. I wish every port had that.

I wish every port had full Hexen support.

I wish I had a pony.

I wish my genitals weren't so large that I could find boxerbriefs that don't squish my balls.

I wish my teeth weren't rotted.

I wish Doom GBA was audible.

I wish ceremonial remembrance was forgotten.

I wish the world spoke one language.

I wish the world strove for the success of the species over the success of the business.

I wish I never started smoking.

I wish I started smoking weed sooner, when I was about 14 sounds dandy.

I wish I never dated a cokehead.

I wish I would've got to date that skinny freakbitch a few more times.

I wish there was a FUCKING STORE OPEN ABOUT MIDNIGHT THAT STILL CASHED CHECKS IN MY AREA OTHER THAN FUCKING MEIJERS.

I WISH EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF PURE EVIL AND MARGARINE KNOWN AS MEIJERS WOULD CHOKE TO DEATH ON THEIR OWN TITS RIGHT NOW.

I wish there was a FUCKING STORE OPEN ABOUT MIDNIGHT THAT STILL CASHED CHECKS IN MY AREA OTHER THAN FUCKING MEIJERS.

I WISH EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF PURE EVIL AND MARGARINE KNOWN AS MEIJERS WOULD CHOKE TO DEATH ON THEIR OWN TITS RIGHT NOW.

... A little bitter, are we, deadnail? :)

I've been using Boom and ZDoom almost exclusivly. I've never really tried Legacy... I think I had trouble installing it when it first came out, and never really gave it another thought. Now that finals are over, maybe I should, hmm...