Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WillWater87

bigdoom font

Except he's looking for the large title font, not the menu font.
Which I don't think a font exists for...

If it's the blue-n-gold title font your after - you'll probably have to create it from scratch.
I might have some similar looking outline fonts that could be edited to do the job.

It should have the full alphabet plus numerals. As mentioned in my previous post - it's an outline font and won't be an exact match. The character-set will need editing to create uppercase letters that slope both ways. Once that's done the font could be converted to a Photofont with an appropriate texture and colour scheme applied to it.
There will be some work involved - first I have to find the font.

EDIT - We only know for sure what three letters look like. The rest of the font will have to be "interpreted".

Making a font like that, sounds like a doom project on its own.

I recall seeing some old Doom related websites with logo's made from the Doom logo... can't think of the names though.

KarlBhalai said:

i couldn't find the doom title font

That "font" is only an artwork. You may see it on other Doom-like titles because the authors like playing with its face style. Also, M_DOOM for Doom 2 looks different to the one for Doom 1. Which do you people prefer?

I hope I'm not starting an argument with the mods on the definition of the word "font" and how some art characters can create one. :-p

It would be impossible creating an identical font with depth to it, as there would be no way of determining if a letter should show perspective from the left, right, or middle. Your best bet would be to show all letters as if they were viewed from one angle (probably straight-on).

Also, the M_DOOM graphics, in my opinion, look better than the title screen ones.

That's a good approximation of the menu font but AFAIK not what KarlBhalai is after.

EarthQuake said:

It would be impossible creating an identical font with depth to it, as there would be no way of determining if a letter should show perspective from the left, right, or middle. Your best bet would be to show all letters as if they were viewed from one angle (probably straight-on).

Difficult (and very tedious) but not impossible if someone's crazy enough to make it a pet project and create complementary typefaces with different perspectives. What would kill the project is trying to mimic the 3D overlap of adjacent characters - that's probably best reserved for banners created with a graphics utility.
For a single perspective font I'd prefer one that appears to be strsight-on and higher up.

@printz - a font is-

• A basin for holding baptismal water in a church
  • The oil reservoir in an oil-burning lamp.
  • A complete set of type of one size and face.
  • A municipality of the canton of Fribourg, Switzerland.
Bitmap colour fonts used to be commonplace in games but rarely used elsewhere because they're not designed to be scalable.