Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Possibly the World's Most Difficult WAD!

Heh, just got through playing (or, should I say, being massacred) in a WAD called FZ68TANK.WAD. The only enemies are the CyberDemon and the Spider MasterMind.
Incredibly difficult.
Look it up somewhere and download and you'll see what I mean.

Don't you get that wad in the Master Levels For Doom II?

And 1,000 other levels just like it.

bah there isn't a wad on this planet harder than nuts.wad I would love to see someone tyson that map.

doesn't sound so much hard as it does stupid

i just got an idea for a harder level. you start out with a cyberdeamon on every side of you and they all start out faceing you. woah!

I have a better idea, THERE IS JUST ONE TINY SECTOR WITH A CRUSHER AND NO EXIT.

I'm afraid that can't be done, because it cannot be activated upon starting the level and you're going to have to have a 2s linedef that activates the crusher.

I'm afraid that can't be done, because it cannot be activated upon starting the level and you're going to have to have a 2s linedef that activates the crusher.

Hah, you fell in my trap.

How you beat a level with no exit anyway? NYAH

You type IDCLEV and the map number =P

That doesn't end the level. It doesn't show you the intermission screen...

ok well then, let's change the deffinition of "difficulty" instead of judging it by the amount of time it takes you to exit the map let's judge it by the amount of time it takes you to die. Congrats Zal, your map just went from the hardest map ever to the easiest map ever. =]

But seriously the hardest map I've ever played would have to be e1m8. I don't care who you are, after you enter that teleporter you WILL die.

not really, you don't get an intermission screen, the story just pops up. I don't get the story, it seems like they want to say that you died and yet the new paragraph says you found the lost deimos base.

perhaps it's similar to half-life - you know, when the experiment fucks up and you go all over the place and see things before waking up in the test chamber...

You should try my map11 of oneweek.wad on ultraviolence. "Nuts" is a walk in the park in comparison.

I don't get how you can make a map harder than having a room of like around 6,000 monsters in it all out on you and then topping it off with, what? 3,000 archvilles, spidies, and cybs.

There are also tons of ammo and invuls. You can't die when you're invulnerable, remember?

those invulnerable shits don't last long enought to clear any space, by the time it ends you'll prolly be getting raped somewhere in the corner with no access to the next one.

Well, depends on what you mean. I talk about finishing the level. Albert Valls has a good pacifist demo on his site where he finishes it in ~1 minute. Maxkill is of course absurd.

Fire up Doom Legacy, open up the console and type exitlevel.

I don't get how you can make a map harder than having a room of like around 6,000 monsters in it all out on you and then topping it off with, what? 3,000 archvilles, spidies, and cybs.

That map is easy to finish. Without cheats. I've done it several times. It's not possible to get 100% kills though. You can gain the exit switch using strategy and patience however.

100% kills may be possible after all... No idea why I haven't looked in to this before, but do cybers sustain damage from direct hits from other cybers' rockets? If they do and you manage to clear the first room, it should be doable.

no they don't, there are other types of monsteres in there though. Still by the time they all die and the 700? cybs are still standing, what the hell you gonna do? I don't see how you could get by them. And that's after you clear the first room.

Maybe it is possible, I haven't really tried it so I can't say, all I did it use iddqd and got 100% kills cuz I wanted to. But I do Know that starting in a room with 4 cybs facing you wouldn't be as hard, actually depends on the size of the room.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DO MY POSTS ALWEYS START A NEW PAGE?!?! I had to have started atleast 10 new pages in the last month or two.

And also, I'm thinking of making the hardest doom map that is still infact beatable. hmm.

Heh, try oneweek.wad map11 I tell you. Sure it's beatable. But nobody has done it on skill 4 afaik. Ryback did it on skill 3 in 50 minutes, that was impressive, demo at dsda.

Are you 100% sure that cybers don't take direct hit damage from other cybers' rockets? In what they are they different from player rockets?

And if you're gonna do the hardest map that's in fact beatable, in what sense do you say beatable? Beatable by Anders Johnsen or beatable by a robot who never ever makes a mistake? (hmm, when I come to think about it... that's not 2 entirely different things...;-)

Sure a corridor with 10,000 revenants and no weapons/health could be theoretically beatable if you dodge all their fireballs and punches. But nobody will ever be able to do it so it's not really beatable anyway.

Nuts on the other hand is beatable, it's medium/easy even, and quite a fun level.

Yes erik I'm pretty sure that cybs don't take damage from each other, be it direct or inderect; same as imps. Not one cyb died when I was playing nuts.wad if I stopped firing my gun, even though they were showering each other with rockets.

And if you're gonna do the hardest map that's in fact beatable, in what sense do you say beatable? Beatable by Anders Johnsen or beatable by a robot who never ever makes a mistake? (hmm, when I come to think about it... that's not 2 entirely different things...;-)

I meant as in that most people here would be able to pass it (with max kills) if they put some skill into it. I'm thinking of making it a small, green marble/red lava themed room with pretty decorations. Like a nice Doom death cage. That's actually a great name, Death Cage. Thinking about it, to pass the map you will need to get 100% kills so you can't just run through it.

I hope I manage to get more monsters than nuts had. I'll prolly make them teleport into the room 1 by 1, yup, all those monsters teleporting into a small room. hmmuahaha.

Then as time progresses the walls will start opening up supplying you with ammo and health (in forms of soul spheres) It will be timed so that it will be a challange.

damn this is a little too much, I've only managed to complete one map in my life and here I am thinking of doing something like this.

Just about everything I set out to do is grandiose beyond my capability as well. Oh well. I gave a hottie a cd player today. She likes Pac-Man and Bust A Move. I know she's out of my league but that doesn't matter. She likes games. Dammit. I have to try. =]

In fact, I'm trying so hard this is prolly the 1st girl I've talked to in... two years that I haven't a conversation about my cock within 20 minutes of meeting. Does this mean I'm getting better or worse?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DO MY POSTS ALWEYS START A NEW PAGE?!?! I had to have started atleast 10 new pages in the last month or two.

Maybe you should change your page size from 10 to 30, like everyone else. To me, this thread is only a page long.

Now that you mention it, I seem to start a lot of new pages.