Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Community is Falling 4?

Recommended Posts

I really hope there is. Seriously, the CIF series is probably one of my favorite. =D I'd imagine that it'd be done eventually, but of course a team would have to be assembled with Zdoom experience, a storyline created and all that jazz, so what with CIF3 having been recently released, it'll probably be awhile before anyone either is up to the challenge or comes up with a neat idea for it.

Share this post


Link to post

If I wanted to do a CIF4, I would re-use CIF3's assets and acs library, which will probably be a cheap rehash of CIF3.
But for now, the answer is no, go away.

Share this post


Link to post

The last CIF took ~3 years to complete, so I wouldn't expect another one to come for quite a while. Plus, we'd need something interesting to happen within the community and/or between communities to base the story on.

Share this post


Link to post

In a related subject, a Mock 3 would be great. Other than the CIFs, the Mock series (more Mock 2 than the original, though) are one in a field of few jokewads that are actually fun to play. A few of wills' jokewads are like that, but a lot of his fall flat. Mock 3 would be a prefectly worthwile community project, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Jim Rainer said:

The last CIF took ~3 years to complete, so I wouldn't expect another one to come for quite a while. Plus, we'd need something interesting to happen within the community and/or between communities to base the story on.


CIF2 wasn't exactly based on the Doomworld community, but outside the community (planetdoom / steam nonsense).

CIF4 would more likely be geared towards next-gen games, microsoft, xbox live, and modern gamers. Also CIF3 took ~3 years because I kept putting it off and then kept adding more scripting stuff. I was actually done with all the levels by the end of last year (2007), it just took me a whole year and a half to get off my ass and fix the scripting issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaiser said:

CIF4 would more likely be geared towards next-gen games, microsoft, xbox live, and modern gamers.


This sounds very interesting and I'll be looking forward to it if your planning on making it.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaiser said:

If I wanted to do a CIF4, I would re-use CIF3's assets and acs library, which will probably be a cheap rehash of CIF3.
But for now, the answer is no, go away.


Cheap rehash or not. As long as it's funny, has new monsters/bosses, new set of weapons, and won't lag to hell on an XP with a nividia 4900 graphics card, it's fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
TheAdmantArchvile said:

and won't lag to hell on an XP with a nividia 4900 graphics card, it's fine with me.


Thats all up to zdoom, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
stickguy5000 said:

Community Is Falling? could i get a link please... or wait i forgot google is friend


You could just try reading this topic. The links were posted.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×