Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Ambitions to Travel?

I know there are alot of people on doomworld that are in other countries.I know alot of people over here in the US are just itching to travel and perhaps move to another country entirely.Like me,I plan on visiting Ireland and Russia someday.I may even move to Ireland since I still have relatives up there.So where do you guys have an ambition to travel to?

Anywhere that has women. My friend keeps talking about his Polish wife being a pain in the ass, then he turns around and explains why I should go with him next time because I'll be neck-deep in pussy. Considering he just came in and told me about YET ANOTHER girl we (he) used to know that's now available but has a kid, it's becoming slowly apparent that these parts aren't the ideal place to go looking for a girlfriend.

Bucket said:

Anywhere that has women. My friend keeps talking about his Polish wife being a pain in the ass, then he turns around and explains why I should go with him next time because I'll be neck-deep in pussy. Considering he just came in and told me about YET ANOTHER girl we (he) used to know that's now available but has a kid, it's becoming slowly apparent that these parts aren't the ideal place to go looking for a girlfriend.

Well,I sure as hell wouldnt be involved with a girl that had a kid(even though I'm doing that now)I've just never liked kids,don't even want one of my own.I dont think that women are much different here in america than they are in other countries(excluding the countries where women are lower than men),I might be wrong though.

I have a dream to go around and visit every state in the lower 48 someday and keep a record of it in pictures and journals that I might publish.

I'd also love to visit Europe, more specifically England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, Italy, Greece, Moscow and St. Petersburg. There's not really anywhere outside of America and Europe that I'd like to go, except maybe New Zealand.

Well, let's see... not including places I have been to or have already made firm plans to go to, the following spring to mind:

• Northwest Australia (meaning pretty much the whole coast between Perth and Darwin)
  • Andes (several locations, including Machu Picchu and the Chilean glaciers and fjords, plus the Punta Arenas area)
  • South Greenland (especially the fjords around Aappilattoq)
  • Kamchatka
  • Wrangel Island and Chukotka
  • Franz Josef Land
  • Namibia
  • Ellesmere Island and the Qaanaaq region of North Greenland
  • Galapagos Islands
  • Tibet/Nepal

I'd really like to go to Ireland, New Zealand, Austrailia and maybe Turkey.

I don't really care where I go as long as there's somebody I want to see there.

That would cover most of the civilized countries in the world.

I'd really like to go to Iceland someday, on the basis of having Icelandic ancestors. I also wouldn't mind going to Japan, England, Norway, Finland and/or Sweden.

China (southwest regions, Beijing, etc), Tibet, Japan (Tokyo, Hokkaido), Rocky Mountains on Canada's side

I'd love to visit Korea (preferably the south, cities as Seoul and Taegu, but I wouldn't mind visiting the north), Hongkong (just to be able to say that I've been there, apparently it's great for shopping, but I'm not exactly a shopping nut), Taiwan (same reason), New York state and city (just to see what it is some of my ancestors left their home country for), and perhaps some cities in Japan...

Danarchy said:

I'd also love to visit Europe, more specifically England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, Italy, Greece, Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Mixture of cities and countries there. ;-)

If I could just get out of my state I'd be pretty happy. But in the longterm I'd like to be able to do some traveling. My parents used to live in Germany while my pops was in the USAF so I'd really like to take a trip there one day. Ireland and Japan would probably be places I'd like to travel to as well.

I've been to I think half of the 50 states, two Canadian provinces (Ontario and B.C.), Ireland half a dozen times, England twice, and Scotland once (both of the latter were during Ireland trips).

I love to travel, and I would really like to diversify my destinations. Grazza's exploits have always made me jealous. My school runs a study abroad program in Geneva, Switzerland, which I am strongly considering doing next spring semester, so that's a start, I guess.

scorpion said:

New York state and city (just to see what it is some of my ancestors left their home country for)

I didn't really enjoy my stay in New york,Too noisy and crowded.The only city I really don't mind staying in is Nashville or Memphis.Someday I'll get the money and time to visit Ireland,I'd like to find some relatives up there.If there's anyone on here that knows any irishmen(or women) with the last name of Redmond let me know.

I'd like to see a lot more of Britain (zomg insularity, and from a non-American too). I also want to go India, i just feel really drawn towards that country for some reason... wouldnt mind seeing the far east too, like China. In China if some religious group has temple in a new housing project... here comes the bulldozers!, they don't even wait for the deluded fairytale-beleivers to evacuate half the time. That's what you call civilisation.

Oh and Germany of course, i want to learn German too, mate of mine went for a year and picked up really fast, she seems to be an expert now. 'course i probably wouldnt stay a year and would like to have a much better grasp before i start. Time to buy one of those Rosetta Stone things from PC world

Oh yeah, India would be nice, as would Nepal. I'd also like to see a free Tibet. ;_; Parts of China would be cool too, but I dunno if I could stand being in a country full of such tyranny.

scorpion said:

Mixture of cities and countries there. ;-)

Well, there are some cities I'd like to see but couldn't care less about the country it's in, then there are some counties that I'd love to see from top to bottom.

I'd like to get out of the self titled "Best place on Earthâ„¢" It's a great place to live and all, but seeing propagated shit like this on tv is just over the top:

They also forgot footage of the strung out waste of tax dollars eastside junkie vomiting on the pavement slurring "Thiiis iz tah bast pwace on earf for heroin!" Not to mention the skyrocketing value of real estate, recent 3% property tax increase, and the upcoming carbon tax which was spontaneously introduced everybody on the news one day. I could rant further, but definite places on my to visit list:

Japan
UK
Italy
Switzerland
Holland
Dubai
Egypt

I would only travel if I had someone to go with. But there are two places I defiantly will travel to in the near future: Israel and Alaska.

Once I get a motorbike license, I intend on biking around NZ's south island.

i would like to live in a rural area and own a farm.

places i would like to visit are any country in europe that is not in that slovak - ish area really. i have been to mexico quite a few times.

B.C. is actually one of my favorite vacation spots. I wouldn''t want to live in downtown Vancouver though. Holy shit, I've never seen so many people on drugs in the middle of the day literally wandering down the road in my life.

I really want to go back to Japan (Osaka, specifically) more than anywhere else, maybe even live there for a few years. It's just hard to do when it costs so much to go. Maybe this coming winter.

Aside from that, I eventually want to go see China, Germany, England, Spain, and Argentina. But I'd really rather share the experience of going to these places with someone.

I personally love to travel, and have been to 39 countries thus far. However, I have not been to Japan before, and would really love to do so.

Haloless0320 said:

I know there are alot of people on doomworld that are in other countries.I know alot of people over here in the US are just itching to travel and perhaps move to another country entirely.Like me,I plan on visiting Ireland and Russia someday.I may even move to Ireland since I still have relatives up there.So where do you guys have an ambition to travel to?

I kind of want to go to Russia as well as I painted houses last summer with a really cool Russian who is back in Russia now. But I've already done a fair bit of traveling.
A lot of you seem to want to go to places I've already been.
For inspiration you can look at my photo blogs of my travels:
http://lostbuddha.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html
http://rootblognz.blogspot.com
http://rootblogoz.blogspot.com

They cover northern India, the Himalayas, central and southern India
The north and south islands of New Zealand and
Sydney, Australia, Ayers rock in the red center, Darwin in the north, and much of the east coast of Australia including Fraser Island and the Whitsundays.

Bungee jumping in New Zealand was probably the most thrilling thing I've ever done, but the temples, people and culture and India cannot be beat. Such an amazing experience. The beauty of the Himalayas are closely matched by New Zealand's "new hewn" hills and majestic peaks. Australia is just a lot of fun and beautiful to boot. Fraser Island and the Whitsundays were the highlights of those trips.

I want to go to Oxnard California. Hopefully live there if I can find cheap property. Loads of my favorite punk bands got started there, and a lot of their songs have to do with what a lovable wasteland it is. Listening to it makes me need to know what it's like there.

Absolutely. I've already been to Hawaii and Spain, which is a good start. I'd really like to check out ancient and mysterious places like Oaxaca if that's possible (though I'd probably need a hell of a lot of water).

I'm really big on history, so that always points me towards interesting places to perhaps visit. It'd be cool if there were landmarks from, say, the Mongolian Empire that I could visit (though that doesn't sound like a good enough bet). We'll see.

Space! I wanna go to space. I'm reasonably convinced this could happen at some point, and it'll be worth every penny, even if it kills me. :D

In the mean time I'll settle for the UK. Wanna see the homeland and all. Also have a friend trying to drag me to Japan this year. We'll see if that comes to pass. :)

Already did South Africa and China. Those were fun. Bozeman, Montana not so much, even if it was a good band trip. :p