Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Wart 04 - Released!

And only about a year after its completion, too! :)

Alright guys, it's finally out: the fourth (and likely final) installment in the Wart series! It's definitely the longest (and IMHO, best) of the series. A lot of work went into this, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Also, big thanks to everyone who tested this out! You were all a big help, and I greatly appreciate the feedback, and making sure that it doesn't suck before I release it! :lol:

ENJOY! :)

DOWNLOAD (4.43MB)

I want to play this, but I won't have much time this weekend. But I'll deffinetly get to it soon!

Fun map Carn, definitely the best in the series if I do say so myself. Too bad my crappy titlepic ruined the entire wad. LOL

I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be the last in the series though!

Definitly nice looking. I'll play it tonight. Any platform specific data we need to know?

And besides it doesn't even start when loading it. All I see is the titlepic and nothing more. Looks like you missed the player start position.

Three words of advice: No mp3 music. There are still people on 56k that might think that this file is a bit overkill to download.

Its only 4mb, how is that even big? And the wad works fine for me. Make sure your using skulltag 97D

Graf Zahl said:

It's that big because it contains MP3 music.

So? Who cares? if someone hosntly can't download 4mb for some odd reason, thats their problem. Don't make it the mappers.

fraggle said:

People still using dial up modems should just upgrade already.

4mb isn't that large, even for dial-up.

fraggle said:

That's easy to say but believe it or not: There's still people living in remote areas who can't get anything better!

This looks nice, I might just give it a run

fraggle said:

I'm a Janitor who makes minimum wage. hi-speed is a luxury.

Janitor said:

I'm a Janitor who makes minimum wage. hi-speed is a luxury.

I can almost say the same thing about myself, except I use my family's DSL.

Jim Rainer said:

4mb isn't that large, even for dial-up.

It is if only the stolen mp3 makes up the 4mb.

Fun map. Got out on the skin of my teeth.

The BFG10K ledge was kind of evil, though.

deldelda said:

Source on the music? Sounds like Satriani or Vinnie Moore ...

It's actually "Den" from Castlevania Dracula II Battle Perfect Selection, so it's sticking to the Castlevania-music that the others have had (with the exception of wart01 which had D_RUNNIN and sky1 I think).

I was a little disappointed with the map itself. I've generally liked your maps because of the unique room designs/shapes and clean detail, and though the map was definitely very nice looking, it completely abused squares and rectangles. Still there was some variety, but I think you did a better job in terms of design with Wart 2 and 3. I like the song you used, but I think there are better songs on those albums than Den (even if you used that song because of the name).

fraggle said:

Not practical if your Telco is using Gain Pair connections - which they will as they run out of wires in the copper network.

Back on topic - Looks nice... downloading.

Hey, thanks everyone! :D I'm glad you're all liking it so much!

Tango said:

I was a little disappointed with the map itself. I've generally liked your maps because of the unique room designs/shapes and clean detail, and though the map was definitely very nice looking, it completely abused squares and rectangles. Still there was some variety, but I think you did a better job in terms of design with Wart 2 and 3.

I'll give you that it does use a lot of squares/rectangles (though Doom doesn't really do well with curved shapes, but suppose I could have use more triangular designs), but I don't really see how it's any different/worse than previous Warts. I thought the layouts/rooms in this one were the best in the series (I pretty much love all the areas from the blue key door on).

Tango said:

I like the song you used, but I think there are better songs on those albums than Den (even if you used that song because of the name).

Probably, but I wasn't trying to pick the best song in the album; I was trying to pick the best song for the map.

No it didn't seem to play much differently I suppose, but still I think it could have been more interesting if the rooms were less square and flat.