Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Video Game Violence

Here's John Gibbons' view on video game violence.

I must admit that I never heard of John Gibbons before (not to be confused with the baseball player or the scientist, two men I also never heard of before), and although his comedy might be perceived as being somewhat amateurish (is that a word? If not, then it is now), I thought it was witty here and there. And he mentions DooM, which of course is the only reason for me posting it here.

Steeveeo said:

I heh'd

Seconded.

Plus I give props to this guy calling the Cacodemons "big flaming ballsacks with horns" and the renaming the BFG as BMG: Big MOTHERfucking gun.

I'm bulletining this on MySpace.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

The only thing I find disturbing about mario is that he crushes baddies with his own body weight. Dosen't anyone else find this disturbing?

Reminds me of the time I killed someone in RTCW:ET by landing on him from a high fall.

The only thing I find disturbing about mario is that he crushes baddies with his own body weight.

Whoa, it was like they saw the whole modern Mcdonald's culture coming...

That reminds me of this D&D game I was running where one of my friends was playing a warforged (basically a big mechanical man). He jumped down from a balcony onto a basilisk, killing it instantly with his body weight. Many Mario jokes were made after that.

exp(x) said:

Reminds me of the time I killed someone in RTCW:ET by landing on him from a high fall.

Yes, I used to be a part of a server using "Jaymod", where if you did land on someone, they would explode. Obviously not realistic, but rewards you for a cool kill :)

TheAdmantArchvile said:

The only thing I find disturbing about mario is that he crushes baddies with his own body weight. Dosen't anyone else find this disturbing?

It reminds me of a picture I saw somewhere where Mario jumps on a goomba and its red guts burst out its sides.