• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

Lakotah secede from US!!

What do you think?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Fascist US gov is going to shut it down, possibly with genocide or more apartheid
    • Good chance of success
    • Hell, I might move there and help out
    • Not too sure what to make of this yet
    • Impse

http://bayareanationalanarchists.com/blog/2007/12/lakota-indian-tribal-nation-su.html

Lakota Indian Tribal Nation succeeds from U.S. authority

By Bay Area National Anarchist on December 23, 2007 2:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
The Lakota Indians based in the plains have withdrawn from all previous treaties with U.S. government and have thrown away their U.S. citizenship. This is a historic event and absolutely supported by National Anarchists. This could be called National Anarchy in action. We support the self-determination of all peoples and we believe that in the rights of indigenous people throw off the yoke of statist oppression, in particular the brutal and parasitic U.S. government.

In the Withdraw Letter of December 17th 2007 they say the following:

"We as the freedom loving Lakotah People are the predecessor sovereign of Dakota Territory as evidenced by the
Treaties with the United States Government, including, but not limited to, the Treaty of 1851 and the Treaty of 1868 at Fort Laramie.

Lakotah, formally and unilaterally withdraws from all agreements and treaties imposed by the United States
Government on the Lakotah People.

Lakotah , and the population therein, have waited for at least 155 years for the United States of America to adhere to the provisions of the above referenced treaties. The continuing violations of these treaties’ terms have resulted in the near annihilation of our people physically, spiritually, and culturally.

Lakotah rejects United States Termination By Appropriation policy from 1871 to the present.

In addition, the evidence of gross violations of the above referenced treaties are listed herein.

Lakotah encourages the United States of America, through its Government ,to enter into dialogue with Lakotah
regarding the boundaries, the land and the resources therein. Please contact the Lakotah Interests Section, Naomi Archer, at (email removed so they don't get spammed so much).

Should the United States and its subordinate governments choose not to act in good faith concerning the rebirth of
our nation, we hereby advise the United States Government that Lakotah will begin to administer liens against real
estate transactions within the five state area of Lakotah."

As National Anarchists we extend our full support to the Lakota people and wish them full success in their claim of national sovereignty. We encourage all peoples in North America to make similar withdraws of participation from their terrestrial government and form autonomous communities united by culture, language, and spiritual ethos.

Let freedom prevail!

---------------------

Lakotah's website is http://republicoflakotah.com

---------------------

Some other good info: Wyoming gives two free acres to people that live there long enough to qualify as residents since the state is so sparsely populated (The whole state has the same population as Allentown, PA). Wyoming is one of the states with area overlapped by the Republic of Lakotah. It seems to me that free land next to and among seceded land is a very good combination

The link is broken...

PS: I fixed the title a bit.

We encourage all peoples in North America to make similar withdraws of participation from their terrestrial government and form autonomous communities united by culture, language, and spiritual ethos.

*looks at Europe*

no.

As person who lives in one of the states affected by this, let me say a few things. First off, the Lakota have no rights to this land. Aside from the fact that they had no form or land ownership, they also weren't indigenous people, just ask the Blackfoots and the Sioux. They killed the people that lived here, white people killed them, it's always been an area of dispute. Then there's the fact that the indians around here are always asking for money, cigarettes, and booze. Yes I've had some good friends that were indians, and known some very good indian (and yes, they did call themselves indians, because they realize that they aren't actually native americans since they moved here like everyone else, and indian is the original label given to them) people, however the vast majority are freeloading, self righteous, and self absorbed, and believe that everything should revolve around them. The indian's that I've known that are good people, hard working, take care of their family's, all that responsible stuff hate the other ones, because of how worthless they are. Go to a reservation and see how rampant alcoholism, violence, sexual abuse, and robbery is. Any Lakota state that secedes from the US will be far worse for it, considering how much they've been given. The reservations are under the rule of tribal law, for the most part US laws have no meaning in them, and they're some of the worst places in the US. I look forward to seeing how unorganized and flawed this secession turns out.

deathbringer said:

SECEDE... fuck's sake

That's what they're trying to do - I hope they're secessfull. :P

Aborigine groups on the move is nothing unexpected, the time seems right (with the economy imploding and all) and there are similar movements throughout the Americas, but what do the neofascists on that site care about what "indians" do?

Maybe its just that likewise they smell the cracks on the walls of Rome*, which is being overrun by brown barbarians, and their Germanic barbarism stirs.

* Not just the US, but I mean "western" civilization.

This is kind of old news and as far as I know absolutely nothing came of it so far.

The biggest issue will be what the US Government will do. The Lakotah have every right to secede from the United States... they are still a separate recognized nation and have been dealing with the US through treaties for years. The most likely outcome, will be the US Government reneging on yet another treaty in a long history of doing just that. It's not quite the Trail of Tears... but it will really demonstrate the Bush Administration's understanding of Tribal Sovereignty.

Now, I can certainly see the argument that seceding raises about who pays for their power consumption from our tax funded power facilities, roads and other stuff. Those will have to be dealt with since you cant leave the country and expect to get those amenities. BUT they should also have the right, as a sovereign nation, to leave and annul a treaty.

Haha, I just love that bit of speech. One day we're all going to look back at the Bush administration and laugh our asses off.

Danarchy said:

Haha, I just love that bit of speech. One day we're all going to look back at the Bush administration and laugh our asses off.

Aren't some doing that already? I know I sure am.

Danarchy said:

One day we're all going to look back at the Bush administration and laugh our asses off.

We don't already do that?

I, for one, am quite proud of these people and the stand that they have made against our government. I wish them the best as they stand on their own as a sovereign nation.

Now, the first order of business is to invade this land. Think of how cheap this war will be.

GO USA

Jello said:

just ask the Blackfoots and the Sioux. They killed the people that lived here,

If I recall correctly My great grandmother told me about the whole blackfoot/lakota feuds.I'm not sure how credible the story is since it was told to her by her mom(full blooded Blackfoot)but the Lakota had a habit of pillaging and killing.

Even if they did, that doesn't necessarily determine what to do in respect to them, particularly if they aren't even doing that anymore. Also, tribes that lose their lands often move and attack others, trying to make a space for themselves. Tribal migrations of this sort contributed to the demise of the Roman empire, for example. Pushed by other tribes (such as other Germanic tribes and Mongols), the Germanic peoples drove into Europe.

It was mostly the Huns, who weren't German, and weren't really Mongol (though they were related). They in turn pushed the Goths and Vandals, who started moving across Europe. The Goths' tale is kind of an interesting one. They fled into Roman territory but made sure to make peace with the Romans. The Romans let them stay there in exchange for them drafting all their able-bodied men. The Romans basically used them as a meat shield against the Huns then. The Goths didn't like that understandably and turned on the Romans, ransacking their lands.

myk said:

Even if they did, that doesn't necessarily determine what to do in respect to them, particularly if they aren't even doing that anymore. Also, tribes that lose their lands often move and attack others, trying to make a space for themselves. Tribal migrations of this sort contributed to the demise of the Roman empire, for example. Pushed by other tribes (such as other Germanic tribes and Mongols), the Germanic peoples drove into Europe.

true,I'm not saying that they arent intitled to their rights.They should split off because we've never honored any treaties we've made with them.That should null any deals we had with them.

There are a few things that make this different from some random group of citizens trying to secede.

The Lakotah and other tribes have always had their own sovereignty, regardless of how it's been disrespected.

They're an ethnic group so it makes it harder for the government to take action against them without it being blatant genocide or apartheid.

They were waiting for the UN to pass the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples which happened late last year.

This is a real potential precedent not just a symbolic gesture. It's good to have a certain amount of cynicism but sometimes you have to show hope in something. Those who are overly cynical are at least good for making people back up and strengthen a point or position.

It seems they've put out the invite for people to join them, but they should be careful of official groups or organizations attaching onto their secession as it would make it easier for the government to target them and shut them down (as their point of being a single ethnic group is removed). They need aid and it seems pretty cool to join them, but any joining should be done under the radar. Just something to be aware of: If you check out the Why page of their site you can see a lot of them are in really bad shape and there may be less than friendly elements within the population regardless of your intentions.

Searcher said:

Like this is ever going to really happen. Fat Chance.

Those in power want you to have no hope in anything. Sometimes you just gotta try and help. There are conditions that make this different than before. Even if this secession isn't successful it may lead to another that is. At the very least an attempt can show what needs to be done differently.

I donated about 8lbs (weight, not British currency worth) of new never worn clothing to Treaty School and so far I've read about 1/3 of In the Spirit of Crazy Horse. Read that book! It's utterly disgusting what the FBI and BIA have done.