• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

32in24-7: Capture The Flag - Beta is up! Check page 7

fixed music M15...maybe

Nope, still wrong...must have been that other lump, eh? :P

*edit*

Oh yea, guess since they've already added the new fonts/HUD bar, please direct any critiques about them to me. I'm fairly happy with the BIGFONT, but I'm afraid the smallfont might be a little less awesome. But if there aren't any complaints...then I'm happy :D.

ummm.....i hope i can get meks conglom lux finished this weekend, if its even needed.

If you can get it finished this weekend, that would be excellent. Based on all the other work of yours that I've seen, I'm pretty certain that it'll be good enough to push one of our current maps into an overflow slot. :)

Butts said:

ummm.....i hope i can get meks conglom lux finished this weekend, if its even needed.

Yes, please do finish it :(

heh thanks. im probably halfway done with where i want it, detail is getting higher but it still feels underdetailed to me (where i want it at least). its got about 7 thousand sidedefs so far. it will have around 20 - 30 thousand when im done.

okay errors with 010 after playtest

Map10 STILL has sticky panels
Map17's decorative grate is passable
Map 18 has ALL spawn spots reversed
Map 23 has one reversed spawn spot per side
Map 27 has a blue spawn spot in the red base

okay errors with 010 after playtest

Map10 STILL has sticky panels
Map17's decorative grate is passable
Map 18 has ALL spawn spots reversed
MAP 19 CRASHES SKULLTAG!
Map 21 has everybody spawn in yellow base immediately, making team decisions frustratingly difficult (and for the record ZD doesnt have a yellow team)
Map 23 has one reversed spawn spot per side
Map 27 has a blue spawn spot in the red base

Butts said:

heh thanks. im probably halfway done with where i want it, detail is getting higher but it still feels underdetailed to me (where i want it at least). its got about 7 thousand sidedefs so far. it will have around 20 - 30 thousand when im done.

Might be better to keep it around 20,000 sides so you're less likely to go over 32768 segs, which would make it crash with ZDaemon and (I think) Odamex.

011 !
http://www.relentlessbeating.com/catoptromancy/32in24/32in24-7-011.7z

######## added for 011########
32in24-7-kasslay2 stew.wad
DonutLWolf-20.wad
M10 fix? added worst kuchi-10.wad
Grates M17 are now impassible
Player starts M18 are now swapped
Fixed player start in M27
#######################

- No idea about M19 crashes
- Bucket is doing something with M21
- Cant find bad spawns in 23

@Cato: The music is actually located in the download link on the first page to the map (Ill Descent). Just replace the MUS lump in the current build with the one in that wad. I've linked to it 3 or 4 times already :p

Jesus, an E1M3 ripoff? I'm going to have to vote no; the current music fits much better.

i guess ill post a screenshot. i hope its not too hard to identify which base you are at.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0021ri9.png

its still got a little ways to go. if it seems underdetailed remember that i have been detailing the stairs and ground as well as the ceiling there are lots of overlapping lines and crap. it looks like crap in the grid view haha.

Looks nice! I can't tell for sure, but if you're using one of the METBAR flats on the ceilings there, CEIL5_M is a more exact match to the METAL texture.

@Bucket: Meh, I like it and it fits. My original choice is ok too, but I've used it waaay too much and I'd rather not use it again on that map. So unless you've got a better suggestion, I'd prefer to use the Crucified Dreams track.

@Butts: That looks rockin bud, keep going! :D

32in24-7 is Dead due to GTA IV

I could have made a witty remark, commenting on how this project is "32in24days," except that that mark has already passed by a small margin.

umm, i think there are some other people who still havent finished their maps.....

god damn sorry guys, ill be done really soon i hope. unless someone thinks they can finish it off for me, but i am not going to ask anyone to, in fact i really dont want anyone to unless someone is hellbent on getting it done now.

Just finish what you've got. Half of us are already going through the other maps in an attempt to improve playability. Of course *AHEM* anyone in the community is welcome to do this.