Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zafbot

Map will not export

Hello, im trying finish my map, and when i try to export it, it says the nodes cannot be built and i should either try a different node builder, or check my map for errors.

My map does not have any errors that should conflict with it, because its just single player, so i do not have multiplayer spawns, or DM spawn points.

Ive tried every node builder, i use bsp for testing/quick nodebuild and i am able to test it and play it perfectly, but the program is not letting me export it.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Yea I haven't been able to export a map for a long time now (I get the same error). I recently switched to Zennode for nodebuiling because ZDBSP kept crashing so I dunno if it's because I'm using that nodebuilder or not (I'm using ZDBSP to export). So.../me shurgs.

ah, well atleast im not the only one...but i would love to finish this thing and add some music to it, and let my friends try it.

saving it is enough for...?

I know how to play it by going to test map, but thats the only way i know how to play it.

i want to know how to play it w/o using bd.

btw if you are the codeimp that made the program...gj, it rocks. :)

what is the map export function for anyway? i read the guide, but it seems a bit confusing to me.

CodeImp said:

You don't need the export function, just saving your map is enough.

What if, let's say, you've got a map that's 50000+ sidedefs big? Does exporting not really do anything to make the file size of the map smaller? Other than those situations I rarely even use the export...and with ZDBSP crashing all the time it just gave me a reason to never use it at all.

The export feature is the same as Save As, except that it has one extra option to compress the sidedefs. Note that the export feature uses THESE SETTINGS AS SHOWN BELOW and NOT the "quick nodebuild" settings.

Yea I was aware of that, I was asking if larger maps benefit more from compression than smaller maps (since in your previous post you said just saving your map would be enough). If not, I'll probably never bother with it again, it's just that sometimes I end up making monster-sized maps and if the compression does anything to help cut down files size, I might bother using it again.