Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

On Top of the World

A new TC by the name of Z-Hunter for Doom 3 has been announced. The mod is a top down view experience said to be aimed at combining old-school fast paced game play of yesteryear's age of top down action with Doom 3's cutting edge graphics. For more information and screenshots, go visit the website.

Heh. Kinda like a Doom-flavoured variant of Alien Swarm (UT2K4 mod) which itself is a variant on the old Alien Breed games.

Cool, I used to play Loaded a lot, hopefully it plays similarly.

I even made a Fwank costume for halloween when I was in high school. :)

Mechadon said:

Neato...kinda makes me wanna go grab a copy of Doom3 :p

Kinda in reference to that, after seeing the screenshots I totally want to play this (it's 1988 all over again!), but after reading the "About" section I don't know whether to take this as honest attempt at enhancing an already neat game (don't even start, you naysayers) or just a way of dogging on Doom 3 because it wasn't EXACTLY like the old game...

I still can't wait for this to be finished, though. Looks really fun!

Might be interesting to point out that this is by the same guys who made Harqore (QuakeIV) and is making Ruiner TC (Doom3)

AgentSpork said:

It's kind of ugly looking. :(

If its fun, it wouldn't bother me much.

It strongly reminds me of Shadowgrounds, but then Shadowgrounds strongly reminds me of Doom 3 :).

(I'm probably the only one here who's even played Shadowgrounds though, since so few people bought it, so I guess the comparison's somewhat wasted ;)).

NiGHTMARE said:

It strongly reminds me of Shadowgrounds, but then Shadowgrounds strongly reminds me of Doom 3 :).

(I'm probably the only one here who's even played Shadowgrounds though, since so few people bought it, so I guess the comparison's somewhat wasted ;)).

I've played the demo and enjoyed it. The voice acting sucked, but looked quite nice and played relatively well.

NiGHTMARE said:

Shadowgrounds is a pretty cool game, unfortunately rather short.

Megalyth said:

Cool, I used to play Loaded a lot, hopefully it plays similarly.

I even made a Fwank costume for halloween when I was in high school. :)

Check out shot 4 in the screenshots to see something familiar. ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

It strongly reminds me of Shadowgrounds,

Yeah, you're right, it looks like that game as well.

NiGHTMARE said:

Similarities were uncanny. The similarities are uncanny here as well. heh.

AgentSpork said:

It's kind of ugly looking. :(

You know I was thinking the same thing (and normally I'm into "great graphics, but overall I'm neither here nor there in graphics over any other feature of the game), and from this screenshot:

http://www.zhunter.atomicarmadillo.com/images/z6.jpg

I'd wonder if the person who took the screenshots had some less than stellar config.

Some of the textures look rather low-res compared to others, and some textures seem to be scaled to a wrong aspect ratio.

CodeImp said:

Heh, just wait until I start working on Bloodmasters 2 :P

You shouldnt have let the first one die! Make stable software instead of sequel after sequel! :P