Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coraline

End Uwe's career now!

esselfortium said on zdoom.org:
A petition, on the internet! Now this is a good idea.

No matter what Uwe Boll said, online petitions don't ever have any effect on anything. Ever.

Well, you must admit that a useless online petition does suit a protest against a pointless and irrelevant phenomenon. I'd be concerned if people did anything concrete about it, like a march or something.

Yet, for all its exposure, it only has 9 total signatures.

No matter how useless the system, I think it makes the point quite clear.

TheDarkArchon said:

Also, the counter-pentition, which I've only seen 2500000 times: http://www.petitiononline.com/durrhurr/petition.html

A counter-petition? Ugh. Just let him direct whatever he wants. I don't think I need a game to have a good movie. I want as many sci-fi movies as possible not based on games, comics, cartoons or books, anyway. I don't care if a game based movie is bad if the game is good.

Through some loophole in German law, Uwe Boll makes more money through compensation money from box office flops than from the ticket sales he would get from a success. I heard rumor that the German government was changing the law back just because he was abusing it (and costing them a lot of money), but I'm not sure if that has come to pass or not. So basically going to see his movies will end his career faster than boycotting them. TBQH I'm not too concerned with it seeing as how most of the game franchises he's ruined were crap to begin with, but I heard rumor that he was trying to get rights to a Fallout movie, which would suck ass. This rumor has been going around for like 5 years now though, and I haven't heard anything about it being finalised, so I'm guessing and hoping it is JUST a rumor. Probably something started by NMA.

there's a rather funny video online of him actually responding about this petition, and he goes on to say that "he's the greatest and so unique at making movies", and "this petition is bull".

But he just ends up looking more ridiculous and laughable by the end of the clip.

exp(x) said:

Sounds like the plot of The Producers.

Lol! Nearly that exact sentence was in the original version of my post, but I rewrote it and it disappeared.

I've seen no Boll movie, but what if I finally watch one and be surprised by its quality? Given I've hardly played namesake games, I shouldn't suffer like a fan.

Edit: I was tempted to sign the counterpetition, just to troll some up, but I realized I would have appeared to browny, even for my own tolerance.

pizzabob18 said:

there's a rather funny video online of him actually responding about this petition, and he goes on to say that "he's the greatest and so unique at making movies", and "this petition is bull".

But he just ends up looking more ridiculous and laughable by the end of the clip.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY

Holy shit. He's an arrogant asshole. Prior to seeing that clip, I thought he was just incompetent. But he's outrageously conceited as well. Wonderful.

You should be going after the people who pay to watch this garbage, not one director. If Boll stops directing, do you think anything will change? They're just going to find other bargain-bin "directors" for this tripe. As long as these movies make money, it will not stop. Ever. Stop supporting these movies!

IMO, it's all part of his "cult of personality". I suspect he is intelligent enough to know how most people feel about his movies. I suspect he knows his movies are bad enough to become "cult movies" themselves.

A petition goes online to try and stop his career. So, what to do? Retire quietly and lick his wounds? No chance.

Encourage to petition. Ramp it up. Enrage people. Make a posturing, arrogant video. Get people talking about you. Threads like this are popping up all over the Internet. Well done Uwe, you've scored. People are talking about you. It's working.

His movies may be shit, but he seems pretty good at media manipulation.

How did this guy get into the movie industry, by punching his way in?