Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Films you remember seeing but you don't know the title of?

Butts said:

ahhh, deep rising. thanks. so the typical cliches were in deep rising? when i think about it its pretty funny, because its all true in that movie. then again, its supposed to be a realistic movie about a real octopus monster thats like as big as a fricken cruise ship and can see out of each and every one of its 600 tentacles that eat people. and its based on a true story that really happened with real people.

How do you know it's true or your just simply joking?

In response to the real meaning of that sarcastic reply: Being a work of fiction is no excuse for Hollywood shitting such incredible dumbshit trash out their mungy assholes. And I use the word work very, very loosely, not so unlike their mungy assholes.

printz said:

From when I was less than ten, I'll mention two weird films that stayed in my mind:[list]

• One had a scene with a man and two seemingly crazy women next to a fireplace. One of the women had a big rounded hole through her belly (was perforated), but was well alive. I think that after a scene, the man wanted to leave, but he insulted them, and for that, they smashed him with a glass bottle and let him unconscious.

• Yeah, like Lüt said, it's Death Becomes Her. It's a pretty fun movie.

skadoomer said:

I remember seeing this movie on tv probabily in the mid 1990's about these desert worms that invaded some small town. They would burrow through the sand and eat people, cattle, ect and it wasn't until people discovered that they saw by vibrations in the ground was the combat tilted back into the peoples favor. I remember being scared of it back then, but always wanted to watch it now just for fun.

Again I'm confirming what Lüt said (we must watch the same movies). Tremors is a really good b-ish scifi movie. I saw the second one and it wasn't that good. It had the worms mutating into these weird 2-legged things running around. Not nearly as creepy as something that attacks you from underground.

Gokuma said:

stuff

That's why it was a good b-movie. :p It had the requisite amount of violence, too, such as a guy getting a hatchet through the head and a half digested dude popping out of one of the monsters.

i am assuming gokuma does not like hollywood.  thats an assumption though.  well, i like the cheesy and unrealistic stuff.

I like some unrealistic stuff. Deep Rising was just dumb and cliche to point of irritation.

For example the new Transformers movie was pretty badass but it did have some really stupid dialog.

this movie where some old looking man in a jacket shoots a bunch of punk guys in a urban city and a lot of raping! I forget what its called but i thought it was hilarious.

OK, I'll bite. The movie, as far as I can remember, follows the story of a woman and a potentially cyborg companion who seem to work in a rather run-down, postapocalyptic version of the future saving lives from times past by opening portals and relocating people to other scenarios just before the time of their predestined accidental deaths. I forget completely what the movie was actually about, so I can't really say much more.

Hmm, along similar lines i remember some film about a woman and her boyfriend who pick up a hitch-hiker, but he turns out to be a psycho and kills the boyfriend. She runs away and stumbles into a bunker where a time machine is being tested. Nobody notices her walk into it and it sends her back. But when it sends her back it "resets" time so she's in the car again, and they pick up the same guy but she keeps an eye on him, however he kills her boyfriend in some other way so she runs back to the time machine and demands of the bewildered technicians to be sent back again and again... i think it was about the "predestination paradox" or whatever, where something that is "destined" to happen will no matter how much you try to change it

Alright... This is just going to sound bizarre - I remember a scene from this movie, that involved someone in a hospital bed, having his guts or something (I have no idea, looked like guts, but I'm not really sure) sucked out through his mouth by some other guy leaning over him.

leileilol said:

this movie where some old looking man in a jacket shoots a bunch of punk guys in a urban city and a lot of raping! I forget what its called but i thought it was hilarious.

Death Wish?

Indeed that sounds like Death Wish, but that one wasn't funny so he probably means Death Wish 3.

Alright... This is just going to sound bizarre - I remember a scene from this movie, that involved someone in a hospital bed, having his guts or something (I have no idea, looked like guts, but I'm not really sure) sucked out through his mouth by some other guy leaning over him.

City of the living Dead has a scene with a girl vomiting out her own guts in a car with a man standing besides her...

Anyway I have a movie:
    I once saw the last half of a Japanese/ Korean movie. A man is in a hotel room with a shotgun (with green shotgun shells). From what I understood he is wanted for murder. His room is stormed by an army of policemen, but he manages to get out of the hotel where an even bigger army is waiting for him. He then gives some speech on how they are all just drones (or something like that). One of the policemen is moved by his words and takes of his mask. In the end the guy gets shot and killed.
    I really liked the style the movie was shot in. But I never got the name :-(

There was also another film that I saw when I was young which the only description I can remember is that film involved ninjas (as antagonists) and the very end scene where the main antagonist/ninja leader get his face punched in and moaned in agony something about "powers" (as what I can only remember him saying) and he made a toilet flushing sound once he fell to the ground. Does anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

Creaphis said:

With a description like that, maybe you'd have some luck looking through past Oscar-winners.

It seems that you know the film I'm talking about then why not just tell me?

A while ago, I kept catching the same movie, usually the tail end, on late night television (before I had a cable box.... actually that must have been YEARS ago), I found out only recently that it was Duel