Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HeXploiT

Any way to reveal hidden areas in Ultimate Doom?

Funny I thought this forum was English but sofar I haven't a clue what anyone is saying. :)

Oh a cheat code! Lol

HeXploiT said:

Didn't work.

You must be doing it wrong. Or playing on Nightmare! skill. Just type those letters during normal play. No console or anything.

IDDT needs to be typed while in automap mode.

For IDDT cheat you must be looking the automap I believe (not sure).

IDDT sure does work. Start a new game (or restore a previously saved one), switch to map view and type in those letters. No talk mode, no console (in case of certain source ports).
While IDDT shows you all linedefs, IDBEHOLDA gives you the automap item.
The automap only shows linedefs not marked hidden, though you won't miss anything important in Ultimate Doom. But in 3rd party maps, entire regions may be hidden on the automap and only IDDT will reveal them.

IDDT is best if you want to see the entire map and all the lighting lines, items and enemies. IDBEHOLDA sometimes leaves lines and sectors out. A big example of this is E3M6 from classic doom. The furthest out wall that surrounds the level can only be seen by doing the IDDT cheat.

PrBoom and ZDoom both have automap options to always show secrets - they show up as violet lines.
Use in combination with the iddt cheat.

HeXploiT said:

Is there any sort of cheat that will reveal hidden/secret areas in Ultimate Doom?

If you're looking for all the score-affecting secret areas in all the UDoom maps, try this.

READ THE FAQ. HAVE A NICE DAY! :))

Really, the FAQ will give you more than you should have regarding secrets and stats. Don't read the FAQ or you'll find Doom 2 to be lame on your first try. Not having to replay it to find yet unfound exciting secrets made it disappointing for me, dunno about you.