Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Illegal Job Interview questions.

I guess this doesn't apply to applications too? I'm pretty sure the application I filled out for my job had %50 of those questions.

Is it illegical to ask these questions literally, or to obtain the specific information found by the questions? For example, if the question "How old are you?" is illegal, you only have to be a little creative to obtain the information you want - the applicant's age. Just start an informal information where you introduce yourself ("I'm 35 years old") and the applicant is bound to follow you there... ("Oh really? I'm 35 as well")

It seems a little overprotective against discrimination, these illegal questions.

Plenty of places WILL ask you these questions... but you have to remember it is your right to refuse to answer them... politely. All of the questions divulge information that is unnecessary to the job... it doesn't matter how old you are, it doesn't matter if you have kids, if you're gay/straight, if you smoke, if you're a jew/christian/atheist/pastafarian ...your employer doesn't have the right to know. They can ask, but just remind them you don't feel comfortable answering those questions.

See, the problem is, Steve, that people these days aren't smart enough to do that. They'd rather sue and/or file a lawsuit than simply refuse to answer a question.

Scuba Steve said:

Man, I got in trouble so many times in school for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance. They really have a bone up their asses about that one.

exp(x) said:

You should have told them that nationalism is bullshit.

Yeah, it's actually called Banal Nationalism and yes I went through that shit when I was in high school which I used to go to the bathroom or a empty secluded room in every Friday just to avoid it (the worst part of it is that not only they say pledge the alligance through the intercom but also they played the Star Spangled Banner which made my ears bleed everytime I heard it and I had to constantly cover my hears which later in the day I played other music just to get it off my head) which is one of the reasons why I hated high school (that and not to mention the IDs we were forced to wear which I didn't even wear them most of the time unlike everybody else being sheeple they are unless I was told to but I took it off everytime I left the classroom or left the "ID Nazis" out of their sight in the hallways before next hour started) since it was dehumanizing,) but now I'm out of there since College now is actually alot more forgiving than high school ever was there is no IDs (except the ones we carry in our wallets just to buy equipment/resources) nor any banal nationalism present anywhere. Not only that but I'm currently taking a online class right now mostly on computers which is actually much better than anything else than I went through all my life.

Another thing I like to note is that I remember I was once told by a teacher when they started the whole banal nationalist nonsense was actually right after 9/11 happened...consequence eh?

Nightmare Doom said:

the worst part of it is that not only they say pledge the alligance through the intercom but also they played the Star Spangled Banner which made my ears bleed everytime I heard it and I had to constantly cover my hears which later in the day I played other music just to get it off my head)

The Star Spangled Banner is a wonderfully composed song and I'm not entirely sure why your ears would bleed from hearing it.

But I might be able to understand to an extent because every time I read a post by you on these forums my brains bleed everywhere.

Nah but really dude, shut up.

P.S. Also you probably do well on online courses compared to the standard means of education because nobody liked you in school because you were a dumb ass that called people "sheepies" mostly because you loathed your own very existence.

exp(x) said:

You should have told them that nationalism is bullshit.

I did, and they just told me I was just trying to cause trouble or some shit.

Nightmare Doom said:everybody else being sheeple[/B]

Besides the genuinely insane, most everyone is a sheep. It's just that those who belong to the smaller flocks (flocks with names like "emos", "9/11 conspiracy theorists", and "Digg addicts") tend to think they're not sheep, and that they're better than those sheep who are a part of the largest flocks (the "mainstream" flocks). Only a select few individuals ever become the shepherds. There are plenty of wolves around, though...

Okay, so that was probably the most needlessly overthought analogy that's been posted on these forums in quite some time, but uh... yeah, whatever.

Ralphis said:

The Star Spangled Banner is a wonderfully composed song and I'm not entirely sure why your ears would bleed from hearing it.

Because he's a Tory.

As for The Star Spangled Banner I think Jimi Hendrix's version is probably the best ones and the "ears bleed" was a figure of speech that I didn't like hearing it in every fucking Friday especially how they used it for nationalist purposes while Hendrix used it sarcastically/critically (due to sounds of bombs/missiles dropping in the middle of the song which pretty much tells the truth what the U.S. really is)...

Danarchy said:

I did, and they just told me I was just trying to cause trouble or some shit.

Yeah thats because they don't want rebellion and want total compliance as if we're good little robots rather than individuals or human beings which is basically what school is and nothing more.

BTW I found a video from youtube concerning the actual history of public schooling...something that they'll never teach you in world history class as if they don't to be exposed thus resulting critical thinkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexMYBkfCic

NiGHTMARE said:

Besides the genuinely insane, most everyone is a sheep. It's just that those who belong to the smaller flocks (flocks with names like "emos", "9/11 conspiracy theorists", and "Digg addicts") tend to think they're not sheep, and that they're better than those sheep who are a part of the largest flocks (the "mainstream" flocks). Only a select few individuals ever become the shepherds. There are plenty of wolves around, though...

Very well said. Well, at least the first part. It got a little hazy as you went on. :P

Getting back on topic -

If HR departments observed the letter of the law you could have Osama bin Laden as a co-worker. :-)

Maybe, but then you could just turn him in to the CIA and get the 6 mil reward (that is, if they'd actually give it to you).

Besides, you'd need spells to resurrect him or at least animate his corpse!