Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Butts

internet problem [java shit]

sorry for asking here, but there is something wrong with my internet, and im fricken too tired to look somewhere else and i tried google too.  i cant do a lot of shit on my internet because it says java is disabled.  i fricken have the recent java shit installed and enabled, i went to the internet options and shit and fricken enabled it, but i still cant do shit, like download some stuff, watch shit on youtube, i cant even look at my fricken e mails.  i tried re installing and downloading and it didnt work, but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas whats wrong.  well i think its a problem with java...  im not very computer smart.

First: Speak colloquial English.

Second: YouTube does not use Java. It uses JavaScript (which has no relation) and Adobe Flash.

Third: What browser and OS are you using? Under Firefox, if you go into the options, you'll find a Content tab where there will be options to enable Java and JavaScript. You may also want to remove all previous versions of Java and just reinstall the latest Java SE JRE from scratch. You can grab that from here.

Have you installed a browser plug-in (like NoScript) that could override browser settings or block scrips?
Check that your firewall isn't blocking scripts.
Can't read email. Are you viewing them online or using an email client?

im using internet explorer and i have windows vista. it does say javascript doesnt work.

i have no idea if there is a browser plug in like no script, i dont normally screw around with internet stuff
how would i check what a firewall is blocking, and how would i change the firewall settings?
i use yahoo to look at my emails and i use internet explorer to look at it. the email appears blank no matter what. im pretty sure i already removed all my java then reinstalled the latest one from scratch... twice.

Well, the only time this happened to me, something wonky went wrong with the .dll fines and I had to use a command to register them with rgsvr32 (if I recall correctly). One other thing that was affected by this was the Explorer search function, but other than that I can't imagine what's wrong