Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

Change a flat texture

So I'm using Zdoom and I'm trying to make a realistic eqrthquake. So far I've lowered the floor and got the ground all shook up. But now I need to alter the flat. So how do I do that?

Use the "changefloor" script. Here's an example:-

script 1 (void)
{
ChangeFloor (1, "GATE3");
}

Analyzing the body of the script:-

script 1 (void) <--- must be a (void) script
{
ChangeFloor (sectortag, "flatname");
}

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the fast reply! Do you know how to do the earthquake in ACS aswell?

script 1 (void)
{
radius_quake(10,5*50,0,5,1);
}

Analysing the script

scipt 1 (void)
{
radius_quake(intensity,duration,damrad,tremorrad,tag)
}

Keep in mind that (void) scripts are triggered by an action. Such as hitting a switch, or walking over a line. OPEN scripts are scripts that are automatically generated by zdoom/gzdoom when the map is loaded.

Also with the earthquake, the tremor will only occur in areas with the TID tag, in this scripts case, sector with the TID of 1 will feel the tremor.

Hope this helps :) If I need to go into detail just say :D

I thought it was:

Radius_Quake (intensity, duration, damageradius, tremorradius, tid)

tid, not tag. ie, if the player is within the tremorradius of a thing with the tid specified (in this case 1) then they would see the camera shake. Outwith that, they wouldn't. Nothing to do with sectors IIRC.

Enjay said:

I thought it was:

Radius_Quake (intensity, duration, damageradius, tremorradius, tid)

tid, not tag. ie, if the player is within the tremorradius of a thing with the tid specified (in this case 1) then they would see the camera shake. Outwith that, they wouldn't. Nothing to do with sectors IIRC.

I knew what it meant, I just thought in case he asked what a TID was, I put tag instead. :P Thanks anyways Enjay :)

OK, but you also said "sector with the TID of 1 will feel the tremor" which I thought was a little misleading.

You could be in a very large sector but not near enough to the mapspot (or whatever) to feel the tremor or, equally, the map spot may be in a very small sector and you could be in another sector entirely, but near enough to feel the quake. :)

Enjay said:

OK, but you also said "sector with the TID of 1 will feel the tremor" which I thought was a little misleading.

You could be in a very large sector but not near enough to the mapspot (or whatever) to feel the tremor or, equally, the map spot may be in a very small sector and you could be in another sector entirely, but near enough to feel the quake. :)

Ah, I wondered why my earthquake wasn't working :S I needed a map spot :D thanks enjay :P

the iron hitman said:

Keep in mind that (void) scripts are triggered by an action. Such as hitting a switch, or walking over a line. OPEN scripts are scripts that are automatically generated by zdoom/gzdoom when the map is loaded.

I felt I needed to clarify, as this is a little misleading.

There are different kinds of scripts, and the (void) just means that no arguments are needed to be stated in that particular script.

All the information you need about scripts can be found by starting here and following the links around and learning all you can.

Also, a list of all types of script, as there is more than just OPEN and normal scripts.