Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Technician

PC sell value

I hate asking these questions but I need money and I haven’t used my PC since I got a Mac and letting it sit here losing what little value it has left is stupid.

So what is a good price for a PC with these stats?

AMD Athlon 64 Processor (2.21 GHz)

1.00 GB ram

RADEON X800 GT

(I'll have to see what the motherboard is)

Comes equipped with two 8x write speed DVD drives (sadly not DL DVD burn)

Also had two DSL ports and every other standard pc option available.

The thing is all Asus parts put together in a fancy Alienware clone chase with all kinds of blue light gimmicks and clear portholes along with three light-up fans and some other tacky but sellable shit.

It lacks a little but it is three years old. I'm hoping I could maybe squeeze a couple hundred.

Overclock the processor so you can do what the bigboys do and sell it as a "Superclocked" version for about 10 bucks more :P

It can be worth somewhat more if it's a Socket 754 mobo and CPU, as these tend to become rarer. Especially the old Athlon 64 series (not the cheap Sempron 64 series that came afterwards) for Socket 754 are quite rare and were true performance aces in their time, and are still a quite decent single-core CPU.

Steeveeo said:

Overclock the processor so you can do what the bigboys do and sell it as a "Superclocked" version for about 10 bucks more :P

Or drape a black cloth over it and sell it as a "Supercloaked" version for an arbitrary amount more or less.

esselfortium said:

Or drape a black cloth over it and sell it as a "Supercloaked" version for an arbitrary amount more or less.

Or even better, paint the case black with a can of spray and then add some bling-bling gold to make it look more pimp, totally outrageour and/or totally awesome. You can even add graffiti-like wannabe h4x0r writing like "OMFG H4X0R FUX0R B0X W00T!" with fluorescent paint and throw in a cheap UV LED for a faux-case modder/ov3rcl0x0rz feeling.

Maes said:

Or even better, paint the case black with a can of spray and then add some bling-bling gold to make it look more pimp, totally outrageour and/or totally awesome. You can even add graffiti-like wannabe h4x0r writing like "OMFG H4X0R FUX0R B0X W00T!" with fluorescent paint and throw in a cheap UV LED for a faux-case modder/ov3rcl0x0rz feeling.

That would sell for +$400 or more on top of the original price. people are stupid.

rf` said:

That would sell for +$400 or more on top of the original price. people are stupid.

*Gathers all of his old spray paint cans and model paint to make his scrap XT b0x3n more "1337" and "3xtr3m3" and selling them to the gullible*