Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xtife

Doom SVN page needs a good kick

Some of those things do need kicking.... OFF SOURCEFORGE!

Acc, ZDoom, GZDoom are not under an open source license (as a whole) and therefore should definitely not be hosted on SourceForge (unless the SourceForge staff have given special permission, which is very very doubtful).

Sourceforge doesn't really take issues like this seriously. Check out this extremely non-Free game that's just on Sourceforge for the free beer hosting, with "public domain" license, also covering the copyrighted obviously stolen material.

http://paintown.sourceforge.net/

It is dire proof they'll allow anything and not care about it. Like Voxelstein too

leileilol said:

Sourceforge doesn't really take issues like this seriously. Check out this extremely non-Free game that's just on Sourceforge for the free beer hosting, with "public domain" license, also covering the copyrighted obviously stolen material.

http://paintown.sourceforge.net/

It is dire proof they'll allow anything and not care about it. Like Voxelstein too

If I owned Sourceforge I would probably allow those projects just because it's so fun to see you get mad about them on the internet.

damn, talk about going off topic

thank you Enjay for directing me to an alternative

In before helled.

Ontopic: You may want to add Doom Builder 2 to that list (I looked around bit, didn't see an Add Project link). It is not a sourceport, but very Doom related.

Ajapted said:
Some of those things do need kicking.... OFF SOURCEFORGE!

This is what can be salvaged from this thread.

Reposting since my reply was helled.

You can find me on IRC on OFTC.net under the nickname Kate if you need a Windows ZDoom binary "right now".