Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Hitler Dolls on sale in Ukraine

Those are pretty high quality, surprisingly.

I understand the concern, but I don't think it's that big a deal. Collectors and model builders buy all sorts of things relating to WWII, such as tanks and planes, so I don't see why history's most infamous leader is off limits.

Today Mattel - tomorrow the World!
I'd buy one for use as a voodoo doll to annoy the local fascists. <evil grin>

Heh, there have been GI Joe sized Hitler dolls and my local militaria store for years, it's not a Ukranian thing. In fact there's dolls for most of the Third Reich brass. Personally I'm a Rommel fan.

As a WWII enthusiast I wouldn't mind owning one of these to perch up on my shelf. I see no real problem at all with these so long as it's not taken out of a historian collective sort of light. But as a mass marketed play mate I can see a concern.

I don't see something like this being marketed to children. The clip really doesn't go into much detail about where you can buy them, how much they cost, or who the intended market is. It comes off as rather sensationalist, honestly.

Why not? kids want a baddie for thier Action Man to kill, why not choose the greatest "bad guy" of them all... Plus he's an entire genre of comedy all on his own!

What i find really disturbing is that Airfix aircraft sold in Germany have thier swastikas replaced by solid black circles, and model Stukas on the indoor market near me have conspicuosly plain tails. "Those who fail to learn from history", and all that.

I can imagine that those get "fixed" not long after purchase by collectors. Also, the display of Nazi symbolism is permitted in Germany for educational purposes, although I do not know how difficult they make it to prove you are trying to be educational with a given presentation. If I'm to go off the general attitudes of the German government, I'd suspect it's better not to poke the bear.

I don't think that most people in Germany now are unaware of WWII or of what Nazi symbolism means. But then again, a lot of Americans don't know what year 9/11 took place in.

Am I the only one that finds this overblown ? Maybe in the Ukraine this is a stab in the face, but as a collector doll in the United States, a set of WWII figures from the Axis AND Allied side, would sell like hotcakes! Figures from Stalin to Eisenhower, to FDR, to Hitler, If I were a collector I'd buy those immediately. They were very influential figures, regardless of what side they were on. I'm not advocating that Hitler is a good guy but In the same vein I have seen General Lee AND General Grant Civil War dolls sold in auctions for collectors in the thousand dollar range - so Obviously there's a niche somewhere!

Perhaps if kids actually learned history at a young age through play we wouldn't have so many dipshits not learning from past mistakes!

Now if only I could have a robot nixon.