Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

<_____< i feel noob to ask

Yes i started playing around with DB yesterday and i can already handle stuff like sky and such like door (still need to learn lift and all <.<)

anyway i just set a Door texture and it give this

How can i change this i only want 1 door not 4 like on the pic.

The thing about doors is that they don't have the ability to magically scale the texture to the wall. Just choose a bigger door texture, like BIGDOOR1 or something. You're probably going to end up shaping walls to textures most of the time, instead of the other way around.

add a small indentation sector(a very very short hallway if you would) the same size as the door texture in front and behind the door and only one copy of it will show. The indentation is a sector to offset the door so the game does not think the whole wall is a door.

The door passage thru a wall is usually 3 sectors:
two indents and the door itself.

You can also use a larger door texture.

hum alright then yes i could use another door but i want a classic door like we see when we always start a lvl most of time :P

Yea, there's no texture stretching in Doom...well not normally anyways.

You have to be mindful of texture dimensions when mapping; be sure to pay attention to the size of the texture you want to use before you make a structure so you know it will fit how you want it too ;)

If you want that nice little level-start door, you'll have to stick it into a narrower doorway. Even if you want to have a small door go from one big room to another, you'll still need a doorway the same size as the door texture you intend to use. In this case, I think it's 64x72.