Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Castlevania

the old GBA doom music argument ressurected

Now that more people have had a chance to play this game, or
download the music from it that elbryan42 put on his pimpin' tight webpage, I need to once again ask the ol' question, in my own way...
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOSE RAGE-METER IS AT A CRITICAL DANGEROUS 400% BECAUSE OF HOW DAVID A. PALMER PRODUCTIONS
XOR'ED IT?!
I hope this was to speed the game up and not out of lame time-constraints or disgruntled employees. It is because of the jacked up music that I wont buy this game, yes, that's the only reason. Maybe I'm insane or melodramatic. But DooM was a great game for a combination of things, and music was certainly one of the big reasons, IMO. KTHX. I will pray to the Spider Mastermind that by a strange twist of something really strange, David Gay Palmer Productions makes a DooM 2 on GBA with good music. But I'm at least happy they gave it textured floors and ceilings, even if it bitchified the frame rate some. </sarcasm on> The cool thing about DooM GBA is that the LCD (or CRT for some users) is not back-lit, thus enhancing DooM's creepy atmosphere! I never saw DooM as a creepy game though, I just saw it as a fun adventure game, exploring hell and space stations with nothing but the demons I have a symbiotic relationship with, I kill them for pleasure, and they hunt me down for pleasure, occasionally leaving me ammo.

I don't understand it. I heard awesome music (better than SNES) on the GBA, so we know the system can handle it.

But look at the music used in Doom GBA. It's redone. It's the same old tunes, but simplified, with even some new parts, but mostly remixed. It seems that they wanted it to sound like the way it does. Oh well... some people don't have good taste in music (although the drums on some tracks are awesome!). The music should've been at least as good as the SNES, if not better. Sure, the SNES was missing some samples, but it was awesome for the most part.

If they kept the midis intact and just played them on the GBA midi table, it would definitely sound much better than it does now. But they remixed and rewrote most of the tracks (intermission is almost unrecognizable). Still, the music is still above average, and definitely better than the 32x music (but that doesn't take much).

BTW, I'm still looking for Roland TNT MP3s, and the 3DO Doom tunes, and my collection will be complete. Before anyone asks, there was no music on the Jaguar version.

Yeah dude I agree. I spent $160 for my GBA, Castlevania Circlejerk under the Moon, and some attachments. I'm giving it away to my stoner buddy for Christmas.

The only games on that little turd probably worth playing will be the Megaman games. He'll own them. I'll borrow it. Problem solved!!

Megaman Zero... damn. That sounds great. =]

why'd you give it away?
reasons to own a GBA:
Casvan: Circle(jerk) of the Moon
Golden Sun (JIZZ!)
Sonic Advance (SPLURGE!)
Wario Land 4 (Heh, this is probably a tight game)
METROID!
Advance Wars (well everyone praises it so much..must be fun)

and, although not worth buying but nonetheless fun, you can pirate with flashROMs Final Fight One, The Mario Advance games

man i pity you darknail. you made a grave mistake

and, if traveling with lame kids, you can give them JACKIE CHAN ADVENTURES to make them SHUT THE DOOM UP

why'd you give it away?
reasons to own a GBA:

Reasons to own? Oh brother, here we go.

Casvan: Circle(jerk) of the Moon

Own it. Mastered it. Bored with it.

Golden Sun (JIZZ!)

*Yawn*

Sonic Advance (SPLURGE!)

Sonic Advance? PURGE!

Wario Land 4 (Heh, this is probably a tight game)

Hopefully so tight every cartridge will implode when powered on.

METROID!

I'll buy it and play through it a few times. I'm creaming at the thought of Metroid 4 but I still have a pretty powerful distaste for that Goddamn magic light-vaccuum screen of blindness +14.

Advance Wars (well everyone praises it so much..must be fun)

Your paranthesized comments ruined anything you ever have to say about video games to me forever.

and, although not worth buying but nonetheless fun, you can pirate with flashROMs Final Fight One, The Mario Advance games

I bet I could also pound a few nails through my dick.

man i pity you darknail. you made a grave mistake

I already wear glasses, a few more months of that screen and I'll need to plug my fucking eyes right into a wall socket.

and, if traveling with lame kids, you can give them JACKIE CHAN ADVENTURES to make them SHUT THE DOOM UP

I don't travel with lame kids. I'll go to some grotesque lengths to avoid that as well.

(although the drums on some tracks are awesome!)

Especially E1M8, E2M8, and E3M3.

Before anyone asks, there was no music on the Jaguar version.

Ya know, I actually was about to ask....

METROID!

Yes damnit! The Metroid games own everything... DOOM included. I know I'll get spanked for this, but it's my opinion. I have never in my life played a game more scary, evil or atmospheric than Super Metroid. It simply has everything. DOOM is different. The computer format gives the game more versatility (editing etc). Surely does DOOM have atmosphere and tension too, but nothing comes close to Super Metroid for me.

I rented Super Metroid no less than 20 times. My best game... I ran through it like a bat out of hell, still managed to collect 100% of all items... and I did it in one hour and 48 minutes. I fucking WISH TO GOD I would've had the forethought to record my playthroughs so I kept the best time on record. =/

Super Metroid is still one of the best games ever. I'm looking forward to Metroid 4 for the GBA more than the Gamecube one. Metroid... in 3-D? in first person? No thanks. If Metroid 4 surpasses Super Metroid, I'll really be impressed.