Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Whispers of Satan RELEASED!

Nebula-Kristian said:

No new HUD. Just the good old doom2 one. :) Level names will be displayed in automap. Intermission screen level names will also contain the author of the map below them. :)

Beautifully said!

I know I am starting to sound very obsessive here... but any chance we could get a short clip of the music? Considering you have a lot of it done, that is.

MegaZzZeux said:

I know I am starting to sound very obsessive here... but any chance we could get a short clip of the music? Considering you have a lot of it done, that is.

Go to myspace.com/nebulameltdown and listen to a track called "Cryonic Dreams" which map27 midi is based on ;)

Map24 is about 30-40% done and is looking good.

The layout for MAP24 is roughly complete and the exit is in. Now its time to sort out the gameplay and monster placement. Should be all complete in a week bringing WOS to within 2 maps of completion.

Archvile78 said:

Gonna post new screenshots of it? :)

Once the level is complete.

Er... you've started moving your site to another server, right? Geocities is shutting down soon. You should have gotten an email warning you a couple months ago. I got one for my web page. :)

Chilly Willy said:

Er... you've started moving your site to another server, right? Geocities is shutting down soon. You should have gotten an email warning you a couple months ago. I got one for my web page. :)

I never got an email. Had a look and saw they'll be dumping it at the end of the year. What I'm thinking is that I will start up a new web site with my own domain name www . paulcorfiatis . com which will have my wads, music and other general things. Still the WOS site will be updated until completion of the project in August.

pcorf said:

I never got an email. Had a look and saw they'll be dumping it at the end of the year. What I'm thinking is that I will start up a new web site with my own domain name www . paulcorfiatis . com which will have my wads, music and other general things. Still the WOS site will be updated until completion of the project in August.

That is a really good idea! :)
I have had my own domain in many years, pretty useful too for work-in-progress project to show others.

lareman said:

Pics please? Im waiting for the release. :)

WOS site and screenshots have been added!

This is looking great, I am looking forward to another megawad of yours since 2002: AdO.

While I'll be able to get Map23 done before August its highly unlikely that Kristian will have the time to make Map22 at all. He is working on his almost complete Community Chest 4 map and has lots of work and psytrance gigs over the Finland summer break. And also he is continually composing his excellent psytrance music.

While I live in Tasmania, Australia. I'll be moving away to Sydney, NSW Australia from August 17 to September 14 because of full time sound editing work for a major TV program and its unlikely I will have access to my computer though I will be hoping to take my computer with me.

So now I am forced to push the WOS release date to October 1, 2009. I'm very disappointed by this decision but Kristian really wants to make map22.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Aww. That's too bad. Well, at least it sounds like you both are going have an exciting (albeit busy) summer ahead of you. A couple more months of waiting won't hurt anyone. WOS will turn out awesome anyways :).

Dang, that's slightly disappointing news :(. Well, I suppose I can wait until October. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Mechadon said:

Dang, that's slightly disappointing news :(. Well, I suppose I can wait until October. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

October 1 is the deadline but yet could still be released a bit earlier. But this gives us more time to playtest the levels and pick up any little glitches. We really strive for gameplay balance to provide the best challenge possible. It all must be perfect to both of us before I upload it.

pcorf said:

While I'll be able to get Map23 done before August its highly unlikely that Kristian will have the time to make Map22 at all. He is working on his almost complete Community Chest 4 map and has lots of work and psytrance gigs over the Finland summer break. And also he is continually composing his excellent psytrance music.

While I live in Tasmania, Australia. I'll be moving away to Sydney, NSW Australia from August 17 to September 14 because of full time sound editing work for a major TV program and its unlikely I will have access to my computer though I will be hoping to take my computer with me.

So now I am forced to push the WOS release date to October 1, 2009. I'm very disappointed by this decision but Kristian really wants to make map22.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Take your time on it please.

As I said. I will be away for a month from mid August to mid September. You people will surely like it.

I've recently made some slight adjustments to the playpal. This makes the pink slightly more pinker to bring out the Barons and Demons. Also minor adjustments have been made to the blue, green and red to make the colours appear slightly stronger.

Work on MAP23 is to begin soon.

Work on MAP23 is now underway. There is already over 1,000 lines in the level. I'm also hoping Kristian starts work MAP22 in the upcoming weeks.