Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Episode 3: Nine anomalies

Recommended Posts

Daimon and I have been making Nine Anomalies (Oskyrt3) for some time now. The story picks up where Beyond horrible ended, with the player being stuck in hell.

Right now only 3 levels are done. And i will post only two screenshots from E3M2 until i can fix the problems i am having with my internet connection. More details coming soon!





The Progress So far:

E3M1: Done
E3M2: In progress
E3M3: Done
E3M4: Done
E3M5: In progress
E3M6: Done
E3M7: Almost done (it's only missing an exit, really)
E3M8: Not even started on it
E3M9: In progress

Share this post


Link to post

Nice screenshots hardcore! I really enjoyed participating in your last project. Can I possibly join this one? Because the one I'm in hasn't been very active. Keep up the good work

Share this post


Link to post
the iron hitman said:

Nice screenshots hardcore! I really enjoyed participating in your last project. Can I possibly join this one? Because the one I'm in hasn't been very active. Keep up the good work


Yes you can, i am also busy with another project for Doom 3 so i can use whatever help there is! And the map you made in the last project was great as well. :)

So yea, i will send you a PM with more details in a while, but first i got to eat, there are a bunch of hamburgers in my kitchen that need to be taken care of! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Looks decent. :)
I think the title you're going for is "Nine Anomalies"

Share this post


Link to post
the iron hitman said:

Is this in "Boom" format? Or vanilla doom?


Boom, just like Episode 2 :)

Oh! And here is a new screenshot:



EDIT: The Iron Hitman has joined and has been assigned E3M4 to work
with.

Share this post


Link to post

Beautiful screenies hardcore. Looks very atmospheric and scary. You know you're onto something good here. Man I just have to play these levels. Looking forward to completion.

Good luck :)

Share this post


Link to post
Kyka said:

Beautiful screenies hardcore. Looks very atmospheric and scary. You know you're onto something good here. Man I just have to play these levels. Looking forward to completion.

Good luck :)


Thanks, also Iron can't make any levels since he is busy :)

So if anybody wants to join then sign up now! :)

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't read this thread but the second screen shot looks excellent. I would be wary of too much red/hell as it can become wearisome.

Share this post


Link to post
Hellbent said:

I didn't read this thread but the second screen shot looks excellent. I would be wary of too much red/hell as it can become wearisome.


Yea that came to my mind as well. Good thing i have a texture pack to keep things a little fresh. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Dammit... there is a reason they call 'em teasers

gimmegimmegimme

Keep going guys... it will be good.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok guys, i know it has been AGES since i posted an update for this project, and i know that making reply's in very old threads is against the rules but since it would make allot more sense too post a new update in this thread instead of making a whole new thread even though this one exits i got bloodsheeders permission to bring this old thread back to live.

Allot has changed about the project sine i first made this thread. E3M2 is now completely gone and has been replaced with a brand new map since i found the old E3M2 too be too poor. For a number of reasons this project is also no longer for the Ultimate Doom but for Doom 2. This is somewhat because the texture pack i am using is made for Doom 2 and was giving me pain.

Also many new maps have been made. In fact only 1 or 2 maps are left so we are almost there!

But of course all of this info would not be worth very much if i had nothing new to show after all of this time so i bring you some brand new screenshots:

EDIT: I NEED PLAYTESTERS!!!!! DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAYSTEST FOR ME!!!

Improved E3M1


E3M3




E3M5



E3M5



E3M2



ALSO I NEED PLAYTESTERS!!!!! DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAYSTEST FOR ME!!!

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

For a number of reasons this project is also no longer for the Ultimate Doom but for Doom 2.

ALSO I NEED PLAYTESTERS!!!!! DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAYSTEST FOR ME!!!

That explains the chaingunner. I'm interested, count me in.

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

That explains the chaingunner. I'm interested, count me in.


Ok, i will send you the WAD. And since i would like too hear the opinions of at least a handful of people before releasing this thing i am still looking for more playtesters, if anybody else wants too playtest and tell me what they think.

Just wait for a PM GreyGhosht, i will send you a link too the WAD.

The Progress So far:

E3M1: Done
E3M2: In progress
E3M3: Done
E3M4: Done
E3M5: In progress
E3M6: Done
E3M7: Almost done (it's only missing an exit, really)
E3M8: Not even started on it
E3M9: In progress

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

That explains the chaingunner. I'm interested, count me in.



changing to doom2 is a good move imo, for more & stronger enemies and the ssg of course. although i like the episode structure of doom better. these red and black shots look promising, very atmospheric.

Share this post


Link to post
Torr Samaho said:

changing to doom2 is a good move imo, for more & stronger enemies and the ssg of course. although i like the episode structure of doom better.




The WAD is still episodic, the WAD uses a MAPINFO lump.

And oh yea speaking of witch, even though this is being made in Boom format people will still need a source port that can read MAPINFO lumps.

Torr Samaho said:

these red and black shots look promising, very atmospheric.


I am not sure what screenshot you are talking about. Is it the once with the chaingunner?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

The WAD is still episodic, the WAD uses a MAPINFO lump.

And oh yea speaking of witch, even though this is being made in Boom format people will still need a source port that can read MAPINFO lumps.

Maybe you could convert it to ZDoom format and edit it as a ZDoom episode, while you're at it? Unless you do that, people here will criticize you because "you make it require ZDoom just for MAPINFO, nothing else". You'd be surprised how easy it is to map for ZDoom.

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

Maybe you could convert it to ZDoom format and edit it as a ZDoom episode, while you're at it? Unless you do that, people here will criticize you because "you make it require ZDoom just for MAPINFO, nothing else". You'd be surprised how easy it is to map for ZDoom.


Zdoom is not the only port that can read MAPINFO lumps. And if they don't want to download the WAD because they don't want to use a source port that can read MAPINFO lumps then don't don't download the WAD. It's as simple as that. I hate it when people say things like: "oh! but don't do that! You should do this instead" or "oh! people wont play this WAD if it's not for Zdoom"

I decided that i was going to make this for Boom, and i am going to do so. Not to mention that if i do change this to Zdoom then people will just bash me for not having any Zdoom features in the WAD besides the MAPINFO lump.

If people don't like this WAD or some other WAD then they should simply not download them. It's not complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
EDEdDNEdDYFaN said:

I'm interested in testing, let me know if you still need any.


I will send you a PM with a link to the WAD. Like i said in my posts above in need feedback from a number of people so that i can know how to fine-polish the WAD as well as getting an idea of the overall pros and cons of the WAD.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks interesting.

Where might the previous episode be, btw?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

Zdoom is not the only port that can read MAPINFO lumps. And if they don't want to download the WAD because they don't want to use a source port that can read MAPINFO lumps then don't don't download the WAD. It's as simple as that. I hate it when people say things like: "oh! but don't do that! You should do this instead" or "oh! people wont play this WAD if it's not for Zdoom"


Not to be one of those people, but it wouldn't be too hard to set up the MAPINFO to follow the Doom1 episodic structure, but still have the map names set so non-Mapinfo ports can still load them.

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Chris said:

Looks interesting.

Where might the previous episode be, btw?


I assume you are talking about the oskyrt 2.

Here it is:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15208

Note that this WAD is for The Ultimate Doom.

Also note that i made this WAD along time ago and my skills have improved allot since i made it.

There is also Oskyrt 1, but i made that ages ago when i still had not grasped all of the concepts of making maps so i can't really recommend that WAD(though interestingly enough, it has a 3 star rating after 25 votes). But if you want to play it anyways then it can be found here: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15029

Share this post


Link to post
Dr. Zin said:

Not to be one of those people, but it wouldn't be too hard to set up the MAPINFO to follow the Doom1 episodic structure, but still have the map names set so non-Mapinfo ports can still load them.


It's a little more complicated then that, i also use the MAPINFO lump to pick the sky's i want each map to use.

EDIT: Sorry for the doublepost.

Share this post


Link to post

Did MAP10: Refueling Base be both bad and have no height difference?! Or MAP11: Hunted.

Share this post


Link to post

He didn't say that was bad. But I agree with him, some more height variance would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

Did MAP10: Refueling Base be both bad and have no height difference?! Or MAP11: Hunted.

I never said its bad, more height difference means more fun an interesting gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×