Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Creaphis

Help Creaphis Find a New Mouse

kristus said:

All I can say is, I love my "Razer Habu". But really, you can't go wrong with any mouse from Razer.

Having had a Razer Krait break in less than a year, I'd disagree. Sure it worked great until that, but broken is always broken.

exp(x) said:
You know why I like my ball mouse? Because it can fucking crush ants.

Would you like to test it on one of these?

Maes said:

I once made the mistake of purchasing an optical and wireless mouse in 2003: it was extremely picky about the surfaces it could be used on (the ideal would be one of those special gridded mousepads, D'Oh!)

The gridded mousepad reminds me of an Alfadata optical mouse I'd bought for my Amiga about a decade earlier. Don't suppose they're using the same primitive sensor?

GreyGhost said:

Would you like to test it on one of these?

The gridded mousepad reminds me of an Alfadata optical mouse I'd bought for my Amiga about a decade earlier. Don't suppose they're using the same primitive sensor?

I was "lucky" enough to be using Sun boxes at uni at that time, and the oldest of the bunch came with optical mice that ONLY worked on the special metal, gridded mousepads. My mouse wasn't that shitty, but it was far less tolerant than even the cheapest optical mouse you can get today.

Also, while it came with a charger base, the charging electronics were shitty and so it didn't charge properly, I preferred keeping charged AAA batteries around and manually change them, while using my high speed wall chargers for the depleted ones.

This is now very much on-topic for me as I broke my Microsoft Alienware optical playing Tiger 08 this evening.

Flimsy POS. I do have my old normal MS optical though. Corded optical with wheel still the way forward.

The inductive charger is woefully inefficient and there's the possibility of frying the mouse's electronics with excessive voltage BUT all the same - I like it! :D