Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duvel

Heretic: Treasure Chest - PLEASE FILL IN SLOTS!

66603? I think you might have read the wrong number. Unless the map is using ZDBSP's ZDoom-only compressed segs format, it's impossible to have more than 65536 segs in a Doom level (and even that would be twice HTC's limit).

I believe it does have that many segs.

I brought that up with Dreadopp via PM when I first played his map. But nobody has fixed it.

66603? I think you must have read it wrong. The map itself only has 21957 sidedefs. I also checked the number of segs in XWE, and it says there's only 27233 entries. I tried running the map in Heretic+ and it worked fine.

I was talking about GL Seg's, which thinking about it would obviously vary from GL port to GL port. Doh!

Doomsday's node builder ends up with 66603 gl seg's for the map and crashes, only supporting 65356.

esselfortium said:

I found that -factor 25 can help quite a bit with reducing segs in BSP, though of course the difference won't be as big as it would been if you were previously using ZDBSP or something.

I've been using ZDBSP but I'm not too crazy about it. I pointed DoomBuilder to BSP instead. I'll try this out. Thanks!

Right, still here, working. I'll be a bit more sluggish since it's finals week over here, but I'll be sure to have something once it's over.

I may as well give an update on my end as well. Here is a list of level names and authors that I have made a titlepic for so far;

e1m1 - Open Canyon by alterworldruler
e1m2 - Discipline by magicsofa
e1m3 - vigilant Outpost by snarboo
e1m5 - Town of Witchcraft by kaiser
e1m7 - Inner Cloister by dreadopp
e1m8 - P.N.C.D.M.V. by t.v.
e1m9 - Lucifer's Spell by pcorf
e2m5 - A Sacred Place by magicsofa
e2m6 - Breaching Liquids by artillery
e2m8 - Sky Gateway by lupinx-Kassman
e2m9 - The Aqua Tunnel by OmegaJ4
e3m2 - Temple of D'Sparil by ler
e3m3 - Cardinal Points by Ismaele
e3m3 - Return to Darkmyre by janitor
e3m4 - Necrosis by CodenniumRed
e3m6 - Cold Feet by lord z
e3m7 - Last Aquaduct by ler
e3m8 - Earthquake by dreadopp
e3m9 - Omgekeerd by lord z
e4m3 - Arx of Veneficus by Torn
e4m4 - Mount Mortal by jobro
e4m6 - Temple of the Elements by Fenriswolf
e4m9 - Hazing by OmegaJ4
e5m2 - Man on the Edge by Daimon
e5m5 - Infernal Passage by Magma Blaz
e5m8 - Cataclysm by rf'

If anyone would like to change/add/remove something about their title or credited name please let me know so I can edit it. I think this is all of them for the time being but I know some people don't have names yet.

Lord_Z said:

If anyone would like to change/add/remove something about their title or credited name please let me know so I can edit it. I think this is all of them for the time being but I know some people don't have names yet.

e5m6 - Molten Malevolence - by Lich

rf' said...
Wtf does 'P.N.C.D.M.V.' stand for anyway.

Paura nella citt� dei morti viventi
I don't know what it means beyond that but a translator could help with that part.

The Ultimate DooMer said...
e4m5: Necropolis - by The Ultimate DooMer

Lich said...
e5m6 - Molten Malevolence - by Lich

Consider them done.

Lord_Z said:

Paura nella citt� dei morti viventi
I don't know what it means beyond that but a translator could help with that part.

Google says "Fear in the City of the Living Dead." Very George Romero-ish.

As for updating, I'm not sure if I'm going to bug you guys during Christmas. I mean, I'm going to be gone every which way, so I'm sure other people will too. Consider it a holiday ;).

Sorry i missed the update call im working on remaking the map since i lost the old one but hopefully the new one will be better.

also when is the deadline?

Magma_Blaz said:

Sorry i missed the update call im working on remaking the map since i lost the old one but hopefully the new one will be better.

also when is the deadline?

The deadline originally going to be December 23rd, but I think that got pushed to a more indefinite timeframe so quality standards can be better met.

Lich said:

I'm seeing a texture issue in the resource.wad file.

The HEX_RCK1 texture appears to have some black dots in it. I didn't notice it in the editor since DoomBuilder doesn't display the texture thumbnails large enough to see the problem. But when I applied the textures in the game, it was pretty clear when I got somewhat close to walls.

Was this a palette transition problem from Hexen to Heretic? Can this be fixed...?

Fixed.

http://www.filesavr.com/resource_1

Let me know if I've FUBAR'D the wad again.

I uploaded it, haven't looked at it yet. If someone has a copy of the last resource.wad you might want to keep it before downloading this one because I accidently wrote over my older copy :(.

I'm making a map that I could contribute but I've been working on it in Zdoom (Heretic in Hexen format) in Doom Builder. Every time I try to switch it down to just Heretic I lose all of the custom textures I've used. Is there any way to prevent the textures from disappearing?

Chances are you pasted a lot of those onto the floors. Heretic needs flats for floors and ceilings, not textures, and the two don't intersect at all. If they're being lost on the walls that sounds like a technical issue and I wouldn't know what the fuck the problem is.

Now, for stuff I could tell you about, what slot do you want?