Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inferno

Iron Man

I actually thought the old Hulk TV series was far superior to even the comic book, so probably anything they do based off the comic will disappoint me. :P

I just got home from the movie theatre I've seen Iron Man and I really enjoyed it.

My friend and I were the only ones that were watching it there was nobody else, 138 out of 140 seats were empty we got the whole theatre to ourselfs.Its just great to be able to watch an movie without being disturbed from people sitting next to you.

finally saw it today. I enjoyed it thoroughly. probably the best marvel movie so far, in my opinion.

I really liked Iron Man, as a matter of fact I liked it so much I saw it twice at the movies.

I really prefer Iron Man over just about any other super hero out there except for Superman. Iron Man rules. If I met Tony Stark, I'd like to be his friend, unlike Peter Parker for example. The only weakness Iron Man has makes you cheer him on, unlike other heroes like Spiderman's emoness which made me facepalm like 4 or 5 times during each spiderman movie (so yeah, I have issues with spiderman).

I found the acting by all the cast members quite great. I hated Obadiah Stane in a genuine "he's a real villain" kind of hate. Not like Lex Luther's "He's just a Jealous Mo'fo" hate or All of the retarded Spiderman villains.

Just saw it last night and I thought it was a really good little movie. It never overstepped itself or got too self-obsessed. A good watch from start to finish with some good action, effects and characters. Just what I want from a superhero action movie. And I stayed and watched the little scene after the credits too. :)

I hope they don't mess it up by making it too miserable if they deal with Stark's battle with booze later on. I go to see a superhero movie to see superheroes doing their super-thing, not some wanky, pretentious toss about tortured souls.

Enjay said:

I hope they don't mess it up by making it too miserable if they deal with Stark's battle with booze later on. I go to see a superhero movie to see superheroes doing their super-thing, not some wanky, pretentious toss about tortured souls.

I don't see the Iron Man series becoming anything like the Spider-Man movies, which are about as emo as it gets for superhero films. I'm sure Tony Stark's alcoholism will be brought up from time to time, but probably not to bile producing levels.

Easily the best comic to movie adaptation for a long while. It had a much better sense of humour about it compared to other such films, while also managing to avoid the campy stuff they usually entail. I was worried it was going to be another Fantastic Four (ugh), but thankfully it's nothing like that.

My friends couldn't be bothered to wait for the extra scene after the credits, but it looks like I didn't miss a huge amount. I can understand why the hardcore fans are excited though. Oh well, hooray for youtube and such.

AirRaid said:

You can say the same for Batman, dude.

But iron man has balls of steel.

Zaldron said:

Very good superhero movie...potentially Marvel's best for me.

This. Iron Man was my favourite Marvel hero though in the first place.

I know this is the iron man thread, but here is another hulk tv spot showing the the big mean and green saying his favorite line and using two of his favorite moves. I can't wait for this movie.