Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Hell on Earth or Plutonia ?

Hi !
I wonder: why should someone make a map for Evilution/TNT/Plutonia instead of DooM 2 Hell on Earth?

L.

To take advantage of the extra Final DOOM textures not found in DOOM2.WAD?
BTW, it's TNT: Evilution/Plutonia, not Evilution/TNT/Plutonia.

Go for Plutonia I say. Evolution has new textures but many of those are pretty ugly. Plutonia, on the other hand, has great textures :)

There are also allot of free textures on the internet that can be used with both Doom2 and Plutonia, if you are just looking for new textures
then perhaps you should stick with Doom 2 and just grab some free textures from the net.

Interesting, while experimenting a bit, I found that Plutonia textures ofetn work extremely well in combination with some free sets. But then again, I never liked being limited to the original textures (especially the doom2 set), becuase it limites and determines your theme-choices, and I hate that.

Artillery said:

Interesting, while experimenting a bit, I found that Plutonia textures ofetn work extremely well in combination with some free sets. But then again, I never liked being limited to the original textures (especially the doom2 set), becuase it limites and determines your theme-choices, and I hate that.

Then again, limiting your texture use forces you to think creatively - Espi's Back To Basics is amazing in this regard - he makes use of the limited texture set to show a tech base slowly mutating into a hell of brick and blood.

Using stock doom2 textures does not limit me what so ever just be creative with them, both TNT and Plutonia had its share of ugly and nice textures.

So in TNT there are only new textures... but in the archives you can find thousands new textures... still i don't see the point.

L.

Lorenzo said:
So in TNT there are only new textures... but in the archives you can find thousands new textures... still i don't see the point.

The point would be wanting to use the specific textures they provide, instead of, or in addition to, other textures available, due to a liking for the theme, or (also) as a tribute. Plutonia 2 is an example.