Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatah

Doom Alpha 0.2 recreation

Definitly. Cut back on the bright colors and antialias the sh*t out of the pictures to eliminate the risk.

Inferno said:

Looks like it would give a headache.

jobro said:

Definitly. Cut back on the bright colors and antialias the sh*t out of the pictures to eliminate the risk.

You...do realize that this is a recreation of the Doom 0.2 alpha, right? The textures in that screenshot were actually in there. You could hit keys to change the textures, flats, and lighting.

The first screenshot looks fine, damnit, it's you who can't get used to it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Actually I'd just change the text color; dark blue is too close to black and yeah, it can cause a headache.

If the goal is to be as close as possible to doom alpha 0.2, it doesn't matter if it looks like shit.

Give reasons other than the dark blue text/black background and the lousy level architecture, that it looks like shit.

It's not the point : if alpha 0.2 have this, it's pointless to change it if we want to emulate it as close as possible.

Actually when I first saw this post the first screen didn't come up. Just the second. It would be good to see some more level design layouts, however.

Inferno said:

Actually when I first saw this post the first screen didn't come up. Just the second. It would be good to see some more level design layouts, however.

This test/demo map was the only level in the 0.2 alpha.

Jesus Christ I can't believe how many people here seem to be completely unaware of the history behind the Doom alpha versions. Sheesh.

Releasing a recreation it is senseless, though. Just run the alpha on DOSBox, and if you want a bugless one, hack Chocolate Doom or another engine to run it without crashing.