Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

Goku. I'm so sad.

I am shocked.

Are they are turning Dragon Ball: The movie, into somekind of High School Musical spin off?

You can live without this movie if it sucks, don't worry.

'bout time the franchise gets a hollywood death it deserves
and

K!r4 said:

You can live without this movie if it sucks, don't worry.

I was into it around the time its popularity grew, but looking back on it I feel kind of stupid. Either way, I don't expect this movie to be a real classic.

it was only a matter of time really...I would much rather see them remake the show, love it or hate it, it is a classic. The day they make a good DB(Z) movie is the day they decide to try Doom again.

An emotional Dragonball Z movie wouldn't be completely unprecedented by the TV series. About half of the total airtime in the Frieza saga is Krillin making sad and frightened noises.

I used to like the series (before it got completely repetetive and annoying, rather than just slightly repeptetive yet awesomely violent).

So this gets a *facepalm* from me, mainly because it looks like a really lame school project rather than a serious movie...

I watched a few anime live action movies and every one of them were terrible. Like America they can have the best source material to work from but some how fuck it up.

Technician said:

I watched a few anime live action movies and every one of them were terrible. Like America they can have the best source material to work from but some how fuck it up.

I think most of us prefer to blame a certain German director for that.

It's all in formatting. Some material just can't make it to film. Allot has to do with poor direction and writing. They have a huge series and have to sum it up in two hours. Another problem (And I saw this as a semi-jfilm fan) these actors can't keep an emotion in the air if their lives depended on it. I think the best live action adaption I can think of was Ichi the killer but all the intense scenes were replaced with over the tope violence.

And as for that German director we all love. He fucks up a movie on purpose. Now that takes balls.

You guys are right about it looking like a highschool musical.

But seriously the movie probably would of sucked one way or another.

Inferno said:

But seriously the movie probably would of sucked one way or another.

It will probably suck one way AND the other. If that can really happen.

I hope they can ask the dragon to make the movie NOT suck.

At least, no matter how the characters look, thanks to CGI we'll have some eye candy.

Technician said:

Ricky-oh... or was that just a Manga?

I hear Initial D is decent too

Also is City Hunter worth it? i've heard he has a cool Mini in the Manga's but i'm assuming it's turned into a product-placed Toyota or Honda in the live action version?

DoOmEr4LiFe said:
The day they make a good DB(Z) movie is the day they decide to try Doom again.

What are you insinuating about my talents, buddy? :P

Doom Marine said:

... But the question still remains: will it suck harder than the Super Mario Brothers movie?

Uf do not want to think about this crap... ergl...

deathbringer said:

Ricky-oh... or was that just a Manga?

It had two direct to video episodes but I wouldn't recommend them. The movie however mixed martial arts corniness with over the top violence made this a masterpiece. But it was cantonese so I guess it doesn't count.

There’s also a Ricki-oh 2 from 2004 but it's impossible to find.

Doom Marine said:

... But the question still remains: will it suck harder than the Super Mario Brothers movie?

I liked the Super Mario Brothers movie. ;_;

I stand by the direction taken in the Mario Bros. movie. Quite frankly I can't see it working any other way. I men look at the source material.

Yeah,it looks horrible.And it sounded horrible when they came up with this idea like 6 or 7 years ago.My girl gets newtype and all that crap and supposedly the guy that played spike off of buffy is supposed to be piccolo.Of course I'll get drug along and thats why I'm gonna gouge out my own eyes so I dont have to suffer through that crapfest.