Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

Riddle me this

What's worse than god, greater than the devil, the living eat it, and if the dead eat it they live?

poop.

i honestly dont know and couldnt be bothered to think about it and solve it. its too challenging for me.

Technically, wouldn't it still be nothing?

Unless you go by logic, which says that it would be the opposite: EVERYTHING

Gokuma said:

What's worse than god, greater than the devil, the living eat it, and if the dead eat it they live?

Something to do with fascist repressive government conspiracies, consumerism or sheeple?

What is greater than God and worse than the Devil; dead people eat it; and when living people eat it they die a slow death?

myk said:

What is greater than God and worse than the Devil; dead people eat it; and when living people eat it they die a slow death?

!!! SNIARB

Richo Rosai said:

Something to do with fascist repressive government conspiracies, consumerism or sheeple?

Best response so far.

But yes, "nothing" appears to be the correct answer.

Danarchy said:

One problem though: the living eat nothing?

Are you constantly eating? What I don't understand is how the dead live if they eat nothing.

exp(x) said:

What I don't understand is how the dead live if they eat nothing.

That's what I was wondering. O_o

exp(x) said:
Are you constantly eating? What I don't understand is how the dead live if they eat nothing.

Nothing is the answer to the proper riddle which I gave, but no idea what Gokuma's point is with his "inverted version". It certainly doesn't take the opposite answer, everything.

Danarchy said:

One problem though: the living eat nothing?

I think Gokuma has written the question wrong. It's supposed to be "What's greater than god, worse than the devil, the dead eat it, and if the living eat it they die?". All apparently inverted for comedy effect.

fraggle said:

I think Gokuma has written the question wrong. It's supposed to be "What's greater than god, worse than the devil, the dead eat it, and if the living eat it they die?". All apparently inverted for comedy effect.

He's probably just trying to make our heads explode

fraggle said:

Ah, I see. I thought the "nothing" response was in answer to the original riddle.

Creaphis said:

"Anything" works slightly better than "everything."

If the dead eat anything they come back to life? Awesome. Just a shame that the dead are incapable of eating anything, I guess.

actually, after thinking about it for a minute, the best answer is in fact "something"... literally.

It's inverted, right?

I think I once heard someone say something like this quoting Ambroce Bierce's "The devils dictionary".

fraggle said:

If the dead eat anything they come back to life? Awesome. Just a shame that the dead are incapable of eating anything, I guess.

Exactly.