Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

SNES music?

hey, I was wondering what everyone thinks of some SNES soundtracks. I want to have a classic sounding song for a mod I'm making. Does anyone know any games for SNES that had fast paced and fun music? I really liked the music from the first level of Deus Vult 2, and Im looking for something like that. I'd like it to be SNES music because it think it has a more classic sound and feel. No mario please.

ff4. dont know how'd that work with this. I guess it might be alright. maybe not.

emulating the snes echo in a mod file is hard (while keeping to 8 channels only), I know this from experience. There's also the hard-to-do vibratio for horn-based instruments

SPC is very quiet though and not all ports support that, plus SPC can be CPU heavy and the libary required for Zdoom is only available for Win32

I will be either using an SPC file or converting it to MP3

also not many doom ports support MP3s and it will sound like shit anyway and plus you can't loop them good anyway

I still think the best answer to this is MOD since a lot of ports support that and you could make rather accurate SNESque renditions of music in that

Try the Super Mario theme.

Actually, try some Megaman X music.

(I always wanted to put Mr. Bungle's Mario theme in a Doom game, I might another day. You have inspired me, and for that I thank you).

*Gets out list*

Ahem.

The first level of Sparkster.
Simon's theme- Castlevania 4
The hippie battle theme- Earthbound.
Asteroid belt- Earthworm Jim. Too kooky? How about the first theme of Buttville?
That crazy song in the play when you fight Ultros. Final Fantasy 6
Summer - Harvest Moon.
Minigame theme- Zelda Link to the past.
Some songs in Pilotwings.
Boss theme- Secret of Mana

Whoo. There are some of my choices. If they aren't catchy, I don't know what is.

herooftime1000 said:

Simon's theme- Castlevania 4

Seems like everyone loves that song, but compared to all the other Castlevania pieces, whether atmospheric, action-packed or classical-inspired, it sounds cheesy and like it's in the wrong game. There is so much better music in Castlevania 4 alone!

Apologies to those who are fans of Simon's theme. Still a decent tune of course!

The only SNES soundtrack I really like is FF6, though Chrono Trigger is also pretty awesome.

Nick Perrin said:

Seems like everyone loves that song, but compared to all the other Castlevania pieces, whether atmospheric, action-packed or classical-inspired, it sounds cheesy and like it's in the wrong game. There is so much better music in Castlevania 4 alone!

Apologies to those who are fans of Simon's theme. Still a decent tune of course!

Hey! You're right. Do Bloody tears!

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past-
Dark Mountain/Forest (Dark World)
Dark World Dungeon
Light World Dungeon

StarFox-
Sector X/Z
Monarch Dodora Boss Theme (Fortuna)
Venom (Route 1 and 3)

Super Mario World-
Castle Theme
Bowser's Domain

Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario All-Stars)-
Castle Theme
World 4 (Giant), 6 (Ice), 7 (Plant), and 8 (Bowser)
Mini-Boss Theme (Little Fortress Bosses)

Pilotwings-
Helicopter Mission

D-Force-
Boss Battle
Mythological World 2 and 3

I know, I play lots of games, and I like the music for some of the games.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Also to be obvious, the Megaman X games had some pretty good SNES tracks.

The best ones are from Megaman X. Most of the songs in that game are very fun and fast. X2 has some really awesome tunes as well but most of them aren't as quick. X3's music is significantly different from the other 2, with only a few good tracks.

Mithral_Demon said:

Super Mario World-
Castle Theme
Bowser's Domain

Super Mario Bros 3 (Super Mario All-Stars)-
Castle Theme
World 4 (Giant), 6 (Ice), 7 (Plant), and 8 (Bowser)
Mini-Boss Theme (Little Fortress Bosses)

Sorry to disappoint but the man specifically said "No Mario"