Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KennyJC

Undesired animated textures

In an old version of zdoom I was getting an animated texture when I made a wall texture a ceiling texture. Even though when it was a wall texture it was not being animated. I upgraded to the new version of zdoom and that stopped happening.

However, another texture (that was fine before) began animating. From what I could tell it started with slip1 and cycled through slip1a and slip2 and slip3. So I had a brain fart and decided to delete slip2 and slip3 from the texture wad file as I did not use them anyway, and it would stop animating. But then when I load my level in doom builder it says:

WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch SLIP2
WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch SLIP3

...Even though I am sure that should be irrelevant since those textures were never used in the level and the texture wad is stand-alone.

When I try to "find map errors" in Doombuilder, it just crashes everytime ever since I deleted those textures from the wad.

I tried to run the level in zdoom anyway, and it is still animating through SLIP1A and SLIP5, but textures somewhat unrelated seem to be in the sequence including QSLIP5 (or QslipX).

I just can't figure it out. I even tried renamed SLIP1 to other random names using XWE and they would not even show up in the texture list in Doombuilder.

Anyway, here are the texture wad and level wad if it helps any...

http://www.esnips.com/doc/b8d46ff6-c98f-403d-a240-dcaf3b53fddd/q1tex

http://www.esnips.com/doc/917c532f-b287-4b12-abe4-d84e27d78e53/untitled

The linedef causing all the problems is #708

You did delete the patches but there's still textures referencing them. That causes the warning messages and the crashes.

Just put these 2 back in and it should be ok if nothing else got corrupted.

The bad animations are apparently caused by bad animation definitions. There appear to be a few definitions in the WAD that reference incorrect textures.

But I still can't figure out what you mean with:

In an old version of zdoom I was getting an animated texture when I made a wall texture a ceiling texture. Even though when it was a wall texture it was not being animated. I upgraded to the new version of zdoom and that stopped happening.