Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Texas Libra

Indy 4...you gonna go see it?

Well, I've already bought tickets for a couple of friends and myself, which I'll get paid back for...hopefully. I was going to order the logo t-shirt off the Indiana Jones store for added fandom effect, but I decided to pass on that. Tomorrow morning I'm going to pick up a copy of the soundtrack just before getting into work. And I'm gonna bring the camera to snap a few pics while waiting outside the theater to get in.

I will say this...if it doesn't have a shot of a red line connecting dots on a map, it will suck. Heh.

Please comment. My own personal review will follow after seeing it.

At the least, it's the first new John Williams in 3 years.

Doubt I'll see it in the theater unless somebody asks me to go, but that's how it's been for every movie since the admission went out of control.

My folks were talking about going to go and see it, so I'll probably tag along with them if they go.

Work is paying for everyone to see the first session tomorrow morning. Free Indy, can't complain.

I'm going to see it with a friend of mine next friday, we both go to movies a lot together, can't pass on this one :D

I want to see it. I still have to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie though.

myk said:

No.

What he really means is "Yes, but Theatres suck, I'll wait for the pirate/video/shows up on HBO" ;)

Csonicgo said:
"Yes, but Theatres suck, I'll wait for the pirate/video/shows up on HBO" ;)

Sort of; I love going to the cinema, but I'm sure I'll find a more promising movie for the occasion... It's not impossible that I might see it on the TV if boredom prevails, though whether I'd last till the end of it would have to be seen. Maybe it'd even surprise me and end up worthwhile (but I'm skeptical).

No Indiana Jones movie has disappointed thus far. "Temple of Doom" you say? Temple of DOom is great, it just has the unfortunate case of being compared to Raiders and Last Crusade. It's a fun film, but looks pale by comparison to the outstanding films in the series.

Scuba Steve said:

No Indiana Jones movie has disappointed thus far. "Temple of Doom" you say? Temple of DOom is great, it just has the unfortunate case of being compared to Raiders and Last Crusade. It's a fun film, but looks pale by comparison to the outstanding films in the series.

The kid and woman were extremely annoying, and the plot sucked.

exp(x) said:

The kid and woman were extremely annoying, and the plot sucked.

Oh my GOD, I can't agree more about the kid/woman thing.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was by far the best IMO, if for nothing else then melting Nazis.

I like how Indy personally encounters relics left behind by the gods themselves, yet he still seems to be an athiest in the intro to the third one.

I'll probably go see it in a crappy small town theater (the only easy option, unfortunately).

Creaphis said:
I like how Indy personally encounters relics left behind by the gods themselves, yet he still seems to be an athiest in the intro to the third one.

He messed with a bunch of Thuggees worshipping Kali in the second movie, then nearly got melted by Yahweh in the first. I don't blame him for not wanting to get between the two...