Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

Invasion UAC released

“Invasion UAC” (link removed) is a great cooperative wad with 28 levels, but you can also play it in singleplayer with the file "iu-part4c_sg.wad"... so, what do you think about it? The author is David "Xsnake" Bernardi.

Here is a video about the first level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2w-XA1HBhs
The player in this video is a cheater and the boom box you won’t get in this wad, but who cares?

EDIT:
...Ok, the wad was removed from /idgames... but you can still get it here:
Invasion UAC” (search for “iu-part4c_sg.wad“ and save it, don’t open it)

So, what do you think about it?

Isn't this for ZDaemon? The text file and the site give no information in that respect. I almost thought it was Doom compatible till I remembered joining a server running it once or twice... and the screen shots show particles, if I'm not mistaken.

The author is currently working to finish this megawad. It's still in progress so it shouldn't be in the /idgames archive...
Btw it runs with ZDoom.

Edit : I've told Xsnake and he doesn't give his consent.

Yeah, please wait for the wad to be finished before uploading it anywhere :/

I'll let Ty Halderman know about this thread so he can see it wasn't uploaded with your permission.

I've removed it from the archive. It may take a day or so for it to get removed from mirrors.

The text file said it was released in July of 2007, so it was far from obvious it was a work in progress. Also, I normally wouldn't think of taking a one-time DW poster's word for it but I trust Myk knows what he's talking about.

if you need over the top weapons and 999 health to complete a level, then the wad may be a tad too hard.

Butts said:

if you need over the top weapons and 999 health to complete a level, then the wad may be a tad too hard.

But because of that, there is much action in this wad. You almost shoot non-stop, I think that’s great!

This wad is mainly for coop. Btw it's boring to see how servers on zdaemon are running iu with superguns : it ruins the gameplay.

I haven't played all the maps, but I think some are fun in single (without superguns), if you're not against infinite ammo. Plus, once you get the bfg you can pretty much kill anything. :)
Invasion UAC was very influential for me.

Yeah some maps can be fun alone.
Btw, can we activate the -solo-net on ZDoom and how ? Because it would be the more adapted to play it in singleplayer imo.

zdoom -host 1

There is a setting in the menu that enables multiplayer items, and that should be set to "yes".

K!r4 said:

This wad is mainly for coop. Btw it's boring to see how servers on zdaemon are running iu with superguns : it ruins the gameplay.

Blame those Liquid Doom server admins, they're the assholes who insisted on doing that to it, despite Xsnake's wishes :/

Yeah I know, I've heared about a thread on the zdaemon forums, about this problem, which was locked.

Using a boombox to "rickroll" someone to death, heh.

I had a feeling that someone added that in, as there's no way that was part of the wad originally.