Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Internet Doom Explorer Updated

The folks over at IDE have released an update to everyone's favorite browser for Deathmatch goodness. From the changelog:

- support new ZDaemon 1.08.06 features:
* invited servers
* alternative wads
* voting
- changed ZDaemon dns names to *.zdaemon.org
- added voting setup for Skulltag servers
- added new Odamex launcher protocol features
- minor improvements and error fixes

Download version 4.22 here to ensure maximum Doomy bliss.

Hahahaha, I love how 'new ZDaemon 1.08.06 features' is mentioned as merely a sideline in the IDE expansion article and how it's not deemed worthy of a news article of its own. Pretty sure there'd be mention if Skulltag had a new flavour... lol politics.

But yeah, ze news ist gut on ze IDE front.

You can still make yourself a new about the ZDaemon release in the news submission, no one prevents you :]

Cybershark said:

Hahahaha, I love how 'new ZDaemon 1.08.06 features' is mentioned as merely a sideline in the IDE expansion article and how it's not deemed worthy of a news article of its own. Pretty sure there'd be mention if Skulltag had a new flavour... lol politics.

Hahahaha, I love how you didn't even investigate the matter enough to realize that almost all of Doomworld's new is user posted through the forums. Pretty sure there'd be mention of the new ZDaemon flavour if you or somebody else would've submitted news of it... lol ignorance.

exp(x) said:

ODAMEX

People actually play that?

Last time I tried to use it the master server appeared to be down, or at least completely unresponsive.

MasterOFDeath said:

Last time I tried to use it the master server appeared to be down, or at least completely unresponsive.

Odamex runs more than one master. Version 0.4 coming very very soon.

Cybershark said:

Hahahaha, I love how 'new ZDaemon 1.08.06 features' is mentioned as merely a sideline in the IDE expansion article and how it's not deemed worthy of a news article of its own. Pretty sure there'd be mention if Skulltag had a new flavour...

It's been mentioned, but politics has nothing to do with it, and everything to do with the fact that nobody has bothered to submit a news report about it. Overlooking such things is what tends to happen when you're ignorant of the larger doom community.

MasterOFDeath said:

Believe it or not, if you ask for a game in #odamex, you will more than likely get one.

Also, the release of 0.4 will be the ideal time to find other people to play with, as you join other curious onlookers who want to give it a shot.

In response to claims of my ignorance then I can but agree. I just figured it'd get kinda crowded around here if everyone posted whatever snippets they deemed to be newsworthy. Guess there's just some real tight moderation or an unprecedented level of internet maturity around these parts :o

So yeah, noted for future occurences.

AlexMax said:

Overlooking such things is what tends to happen when you're ignorant of the larger doom community.

Well I'm a multiplayer Doom guy so you show me where there's a bigger community for that and I'm there! ...soon as my internetz gets fixed that is.

So yeah, new improved Zdaemon is out! Don't be put off by the fact that the inbreds there play exactly the same shit day-in day-out!

MasterOFDeath said:

MoD!? Wow, where you been hiding man?

Duh... do the new yourself before whining dude, that's it D:

Well, ok... I'm too lazy to do it myself even if I play often with Zdaemon.

Cybershark said:

So yeah, new improved Zdaemon is out! Don't be put off by the fact that the inbreds there play exactly the same shit day-in day-out!

B-B-B-B-But DWANGO5! It is absolutely mandatory that DWANGO5 must be running on at least 15 servers at all times!! DEE WANG OH FIIIIIIIIVE

K!r4 said:

Duh... do the new yourself before whining dude, that's it D:

The singular form of news, is news

leileilol said:

The singular form of news, is news

I'll sleep with a better english tonight :)

Bucket said:

B-B-B-B-But DWANGO5! It is absolutely mandatory that DWANGO5 must be running on at least 15 servers at all times!! DEE WANG OH FIIIIIIIIVE

Heheheheh. But naw, that's actually pretty low down the threat list these days. Rare to see an FFA game running on it and duels are played on a far greater variety of maps.

Cybershark said:

In response to claims of my ignorance then I can but agree. I just figured it'd get kinda crowded around here if everyone posted whatever snippets they deemed to be newsworthy.

A source port being updated is always newsworthy.

Well I'm a multiplayer Doom guy so you show me where there's a bigger community for that and I'm there! ...soon as my internetz gets fixed that is.

Here? Somehow Skulltag and Odamex get news posts whenever they get updated, and they're both multiplayer source ports with their own sub-communities. If you're afraid of ZDaemon news posts getting flamed by the usual gang of idiots, consider the fact that almost every single Skulltag newsposting has at least a page or two of RELEASE THE SOURCE!!!111 with the same exact weak excuses posted by the development team and yet the newspostings continue.

Could you please remove the "Everyone's favorite browser" part, I am working on a browser project as well, and it is supposed to be better than IDE, thank you. Mine's called Doom Browser!

xgmx said:
Could you please remove the "Everyone's favorite browser" part, I am working on a browser project as well, and it is supposed to be better than IDE, thank you. Mine's called Doom Browser!

Yes but your browser is going nowhere and nobody cares about it, this this is appropriate.

Now on-topic:

CSonicGo said:
no linux support?

I posted this on the IDE forums, but it would be best for any Linux users to see

http://doomutils.ucoz.com/forum/4-9-1

xgmx said:

Oh, to be young and full of hope again.

xgmx is an epic dude.

More seriously, if you had a very advanced beta with innovatives features, I'll take care of your project when you ask these sort of things like that...

xgmx said:

I'm sure they'll get right on that... right after they solve all the murders.

Bucket said:

Twango5 Map01 is way better.

Sign in to follow this