Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Make Beer taste like a Chocolate Shake!

Baileys already makes chocolate flavored malt liquor

yeah but it can make kids like vegetables. I always wondered if there was a way to trick your taste buds into making nasty shit taste good. I guess it isn't as much a psychological thing as it is a chemical thing.

I wonder if taste tripping is addictive. I await the day it's sold on the streets as if it were crack. I'd hit that shit.

JohnnyRancid said:

Baileys already makes chocolate flavored malt liquor

yeah but it can make kids like vegetables. I always wondered if there was a way to trick your taste buds into making nasty shit taste good. I guess it isn't as much a psychological thing as it is a chemical thing.

I wonder if taste tripping is addictive. I await the day it's sold on the streets as if it were crack. I'd hit that shit.

I always hear about how kids hate vegetables but, when I was a kid I really just ate em up; granted with tons of not so healthy stuff but, it just always perplexed me that vegetables are so terrible to some people.

But hey, I really like this idea, sounds like a fun way to clean out your fridge.

I second the vegitable thing, never had a problem with them as a kid.

But this fruit is probably wonderful to have at a party. Eat it right before pickings are served and not a crumb will be left.

Maybe it's just how my mom cooked vegetable then. I found out only a couple years ago that uncooked spinach leaves taste 100x better than when it is cooked, and some of the vitamins are also destroyed during the cooking process, so why spinach is cooked in the first place is beyond me. But I vaguely remember pretending to be sick to my stomach during dinner time to get out of eating green beans and steamed carrots when I was a lad.

Make Beer taste like a Chocolate Shake!

It's like turning gold into lead!

Bah, Hobgoblin's been around for years now. Theyve started to do cans too, i'll be taking some o that to Download...

hahaha that video is hilarious.

I'm seriously considering getting some of those berries and popping a few just so I can eat what's left of the shit laying around in my house. Hopefully I don't get sick of it though.

JohnnyRancid said:

I found out only a couple years ago that uncooked spinach leaves taste 100x better than when it is cooked, and some of the vitamins are also destroyed during the cooking process, so why spinach is cooked in the first place is beyond me.

foolish. have you not had spinach sauteed with olive oil and garlic?
add a bit of salt and perhaps fresh black pepper. best stuff on earth.
but, hey, i've been vegetarian for almost 15 years. i like all vegetables.

Hellbent said:

In Maine I had chocolate Guinness ice cream. Was pretty good.
And in New Zealand I had chocolate Guinness beer. Was also pretty good.

Shit, I really do need to go to New Zealand. I'm actually considering getting these berries just to experiment with food & drink to see what shit tastes like. Plus, it'd be more amusing to slip some concentrate to one of my friends who absolutely hates sweet shit....

does this miracle fruit have a name? I lookedup and down the article and I dont think I saw it anywhere.

JohnnyRancid said:

does this miracle fruit have a name? I lookedup and down the article and I dont think I saw it anywhere.

Actually, it is named "Miracle Fruit". The specific name they give in the article is Synsepalum dulcificum, but if you're looking for a place to get them, they offer this website as well.

JohnnyRancid said:

Wikipedia is your friend

Why not just settle for a Chocolate Shake? More calcium, maybe some anti-oxidants and no hangover.

GreyGhost said:

I probably wouldn't have made that post if I had known that "miracle fruit" was more than just an alias for the berries they were referring to in the article. Granted Chocolate shakes are probably better for you, but I know some people that hate drinking beer but still wanna get trashed, so popping a couple of flavor tripping berries could help them out a bit.

I still am worried whether it's addictive or not. Imagine not wanting to eat food any more because it's not sweet enough, the only way you'll eat is if your mouth is trippin. It probably makes addictiveness more likely knowing that you can only buy them in shipments of 30 or more, I was hoping to just get 5 or 10.

Fortunately, that addiction wouldn't be a problem for me since I'm already addicted to salty foods. After hacing flavor tripped on sweetness, I would imagine wanting my salt fix not too long after.

JohnnyRancid said:

so why spinach is cooked in the first place is beyond me.

Density (or lack thereof) is a problem when uncooked.

JohnnyRancid said:

It probably makes addictiveness more likely knowing that you can only buy them in shipments of 30 or more, I was hoping to just get 5 or 10.

Check out the tablets. They're sold in smaller quantities and have a longer shelf-life.

You could use them to trick your guests into thinking that you're a master chef, and the meal you cooked isn't just random ingredients mixed in a bowl.

Kirby said:

...I'm actually considering getting these berries just to experiment ...to see what shit tastes like. ...

I know it makes things taste good, but um, I dunno about EVERYTHING...

Mancubus II said:

I know it makes things taste good, but um, I dunno about EVERYTHING...

Dammit, how'd I know someone was gonna say that? >:(

I don't mean LITERALLY. I meany experimenting with different foods, not actual shit -_-

q. Non-Alcoholic beer? or Chocolate Shake?

a. Chocolate shake.

q. Alcoholic beer? or Alcoholic Milk Shake?

a. Alcoholic Milkshake.

Evilalien4 said:

Why on earth would anyone want to substitute the taste of beer for chocolate!?

I know I certainly wouldn't want my beer tasting like chocolate. I hate the stuff. Sometimes it seems to be on everything.

Doom Dude said:
Sometimes it seems to be on everything.

Even on DOOM. Resistance against chocolate is futile!

myk said:

Even on DOOM. Resistance against chocolate is futile!

Haha, I didn't even see that one coming. Good one myk. I lol'd.