Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

A n00bie's welcome

I got big dreams, probably enough to crush me.

Does anyone know where I can a GREAT tutorial of XWE?

If not, then maybe a tutorial of how to make your own monsters or weapons.

If not, yeah whatever, nice to see you all. **

herooftime1000 said:

Does anyone know where I can a GREAT tutorial of XWE?

XWE has a limited Help file, but it is by no means comprehensive. Other people have posted helpful tips on DoomWorld forums.

If not, then maybe a tutorial of how to make your own monsters or weapons.

Are you asking for help with the making of the graphics (sprites), with the definition of new enemy & weapons behavior, or with the insertion of these into your game? XWE can only help you with the insertion of enemy/weapon sprites & definitions into your game. You will need a graphics editing program (such as PhotoShop) if you want to create your own monsters or weapons. To define enemy or weapon behavior all you need is a text editor (such as NotePad). I don't believe there are tutorials for creating new behavior, because of the degree of customization possible. However, there is a detailed tutorial on making enemy sprites (from models) and inserting them into your game at DooM Nexus.

The classic method by which to modify gun/monster behaviour is DeHackEd:

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/DeHackEd

This method is compatible with all major Doom engines. The links in the article should get you started. If you want to be able to customize further, then you'll have to restrict yourself to the features offered by a specific port. I would recommend ZDoom's DECORATE:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE