Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackFish

DNF Gameplay footage

Recommended Posts

Yeah. Zero excitement on my part.
Too little too late at this point...
On an unrelated note, these pop-up flash ads are really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post

The one thing I'm entirely pleased with is the weapons, at least the ones that were shown, are very close to the originals. Still have no idea how these WoW playing fatasses are gonna make something of this.

I do know that if they hype up the release enough they'll be able to sell out all their losses before a bad review gets out.

Share this post


Link to post
Bank said:

The one thing I'm entirely pleased with is the weapons, at least the ones that were shown, are very close to the originals. Still have no idea how these WoW playing fatasses are gonna make something of this.


I don't know. This led me to believe that we're going to have one hell of a re-hash year:

Red Alert 3
Starcraft 2
Duke Nukem Forever

All look like they will be the exact same game as their predecessors, just with updated graphics!

Share this post


Link to post

I don't like the chaingun and the muzzleflash from it

so far in the footage it's just more closed space corridor space tech bore

where's my fucking amazing dnf from 2001?

Share this post


Link to post

Is it just can or I any late twenties hipster have his own videogame show? Seriously.

Seeing this makes me kind of sad to see that material has been rehashed in this game. I wanted interesting reference and cameos but I don't want a full 3D re-enactment of Duke 3D. But then again I haven’t been happy with a modern FPS in a very long time so I'm probably pretty biased. How does 3DRealms make money again?

I'll still be in line to buy it though.

leileilol said:

where's my fucking amazing dnf from 2001?


I have to admit that trailer was fucking epic. I hope they release some of these older builds in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

Is it just can or I any late twenties hipster have his own videogame show? Seriously.

Any late 20s hipster? Do you have any idea who Jason Hall is

*COUGH*MONOBLOODLITH*COUGH*

Share this post


Link to post
leileilol said:

Any late 20s hipster? Do you have any idea who Jason Hall is

*COUGH*MONOBLOODLITH*COUGH*


Dammit! Doomworld penis -1.

Share this post


Link to post
leileilol said:

so far in the footage it's just more closed space corridor space tech bore

It's the indoor area of the Hoover Dam level. I don't really think the level progression has changed much for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post

he taped himself playing doom3? what i did see was very reminiscent of doom3. maybe its just be, but i have not heard of duke nukem forever, and had no idea it was a game in development for a ridiculous amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Butts said:

but i have not heard of duke nukem forever, and had no idea it was a game in development for a ridiculous amount of time.


Woah...

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, I was going to post this but I decided against it.

It looks decent enough. I like seeing the classic Duke weapons in full 3D. Even if it's nothing more than Duke 3D 2.0, at least there's a small chance it will be fun. I've been dying for a fun and campy shooter for ages.

Share this post


Link to post

hopefully it will run on machines that are less than bloated game-crushing behemoths.
with one upgrade my machine will be in the mid-upper tier of current tech (just one gpu supported, or else it would be capable of top-tier) and i hope to be able to run games for at least another couple years. probably not gonna happen though...i'm not installing vista before i absolutely have to.

oh, and i echo the "omg you have never heard of this game!?" sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post

Can't be any worse then prey. Definitly not game of the year, i just hope the release by years end as origionally promised.

Share this post


Link to post
leileilol said:

Any late 20s hipster? Do you have any idea who Jason Hall is

*COUGH*MONOBLOODLITH*COUGH*

A mid 30's hipster who's name is associated with a string of poor to mediocre movie/TV/comic spin-off's.

Share this post


Link to post

"DNF what's that? i know it's the term they use in motor racing for Did Not Finish... OH. It's that. Heh, good joke there, but somebody else probably thought of it 5 years ago..."

*watch*

What the fuck? in the old trailer you where gonna get to fight helicopters from speedboats, RIDE a motorbike, fight enemies in big expansive deserts, see whole buildings explode...

Share this post


Link to post

Butts said:
maybe its just be, but i have not heard of duke nukem forever, and had no idea it was a game in development for a ridiculous amount of time.


On the one hand I find in baffling that anyone with an internet connection and any kind of interest video games could not have heard the tail of Duke Nukem's Forevers retarded development, on the other hand I envy the fact that you where never been subjected to the endless "'Duke Nukem's Forever'? More like 'Duke Nukem's NEVER' AMIRITE?" Jokes.

Allow me to fill you in

Share this post


Link to post

Surely we all by now recognise Duke Nukem Forever for what it is - an urban myth. The folks at 3D Realms and elsewhere only make mention of it now and then because they know it will elicit a Pavlovian Response.

Share this post


Link to post

That was obviously just gameplay footage from one section of a level. It's stupid to assume the whole game is like that. It's even more stupid to compare that to a trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
deathbringer said:

What the fuck? in the old trailer you where gonna get to fight helicopters from speedboats, RIDE a motorbike, fight enemies in big expansive deserts, see whole buildings explode...

Don't worry. Someone at Shacknews got a chance to play it and they said you got to pilot, not one, but two forklifts!!!

Share this post


Link to post

We already saw gameplay footage - 10 years ago. At this point I'll believe DN Forever is coming out when I see it boxed up and for sale in a real shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Snarboo said:

Don't worry. Someone at Shacknews got a chance to play it and they said you got to pilot, not one, but two forklifts!!!


ZOMG step up from Shadow Warrior. :O

Share this post


Link to post

I predict an unfortunately low number of pixelated tits in this iteration.

Also, stupid engine changes. Developers should just finish the games that they start. Use a new damn engine for your next game.

I don't have any emotional investment in this game, and my computer definitely won't be able to run it, but the classic ten-year-old trailer seems by far the most Duke-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Creaphis said:

I predict an unfortunately low number of pixelated tits in this iteration.

Just like Doom 3 had the duct tape mod, DNF will have the tit mod.

Share this post


Link to post

"Pixelated"? Gee this is 2008 now you'd think we'd have bilinear/trilinear/anisotropic filtering and tons of polythroughoutput by now? I hate that term when referring to today's and future games.

Share this post


Link to post
leileilol said:

"Pixelated"? Gee this is 2008 now you'd think we'd have bilinear/trilinear/anisotropic filtering and tons of polythroughoutput by now? I hate that term when referring to today's and future games.


That's half of what I mean. Even if this game has tits they won't be nearly pixelated enough.

Share this post


Link to post

It kind of makes sense when you consider games are still displayed with pixels. But yes, rendering has improved. Expect any nipples to have parallax mapping and specularity for that shiny, plastic appearance.

Does anyone know what engine this game is using anymore? It looks like idTech 4, but last I heard they were still using modified Unreal tech.

Share this post


Link to post

It's an old Unreal Warfare (UE2) build from 2000ish (when static meshes were added) with a totally new renderer.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×