Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DM wad Map01 variation

I make variations on Map01 all the time. I have dozens of them so it seems a bit random for me to upload one, but I felt like it. This one I just finished and felt like sharing with the populace. Feedback welcome!

map01ang.wad

Not too bad if you ignore the misaligned textures and several imps that are stuck.I couldn't find an exit, sector 7 had an switch with action 114 but it wasn't used.I don't see an purpose for getting acces to sector 110 there is nothing to find or to do, and I don't like to be blocked by something I cannot see.

dutch devil said:

Not too bad if you ignore the misaligned textures and several imps that are stuck.I couldn't find an exit, sector 7 had an switch with action 114 but it wasn't used.I don't see an purpose for getting acces to sector 110 there is nothing to find or to do, and I don't like to be blocked by something I cannot see.

There is no exit. I suppose I should put one in.

I'm not at home atm so I can't check those sectors you refer to. I did try to align the textures, and I thought for the most part they were okay. I didn't bother fixing the imps since it's a DM map. Which sector is 110? They all had a purpose. You may have to DM in the map with someone to discover the sector's purpose. Not sure what you mean by "action 114" but the switch where the imps are stuck opened the door to the Rocket launcher. The switch has been flipped before you entered the level, that's why it doesn't do anything.

Sector 110 is the outside ledge with the impassible lines, there are some rocket boxes that appear on multiplayer.I can understand the purpose for that ledge when playing dm, but on sp it becomes useless looks this map doesn't support sp.

I meant linedef action 114 in sector 7, that switch was an bit confusing but now I understand.I havent played dm on it yet maybe I should give it an spin with some bots.

How do you get to that megasphere? oh wait probably by running along the wall or something.

Doom Builder has a very good "find" function in the edit menu, so you can use that instead of asking where this or that sector/linedef/action/tag is.

DD it is a dm map. I actually was going to put the rocket launcher up on the ledge for sp instead of its usual spot, but I forgot to as I was putting all my energy/time into the dm aspect. If the SP aspect of it hadn't already been there from the original map01, it would be strictly dm. I won't tell you how to get the megasphere. That is an easter egg only there for the special people.

You should take your dozens of MAP01 variations and release a megawad. A sort of "Variations on a Theme by Sandy Peterson".

jute gyte said:

You should take your dozens of MAP01 variations and release a megawad. A sort of "Variations on a Theme by Sandy Peterson".

Yeah, could be fun. Maybe I will!