Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

A one-golem-wrecking-crew

Golem, a "boss" monster from the 2002 Konami "Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance" Game Boy Advance video game.

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white/hot glue, wire twist ties, paperclips, nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions*:
(*The dimensions given for this figure are approximations, as the height/width can vary considerably, depending on how the joints are positioned.)
6.0 cm/2.4 in. x 5.2 cm/2.0 in. (highest point x widest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-eight points total: Mid-torso, waist, shoulder, elbow (2), wrist, fingers (14), hips (2), knees (4), and ankles (2). Additionally, all of the links in the chain can move freely.

Time:
Approximately three days; I started this project on 6/3/08 and finished it on 6/5/08.

For comparison purposes, below is the Golem game sprite.

More info:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/golem.html

Cooool.

Though I imagine it would be very hard to swing that ball effectively. When I animate a golem to guard my castle of horror, his wrecking-ball arm will be cut off at the elbow instead of the shoulder.

HoD huh? I was playing that game just a few days ago.

Great job as always :D

Very cool. Like that very first pick with the rock on sign. Harmony of Dissonance is sweet.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. HOD is mighty sweet indeed; it’s my favorite Castlevania game after Symphony of The Night.

Creaphis: I agree, the ball-and-chain arm isn’t a terribly effective design, both in gameplay and real-world physics—it’d be awful difficult to strike with any force with it mounted in that fashion. In the game, the creature only uses it when it turns around, whirling it in a short circle, and even then it will only harm you if you’re standing close. In my write-up, on the web page, I voiced my opinion that it might have been added to act as a counter-weight to the huge left arm. Having actually built it, I think that hypothesis has a fair amount of merit, as the ball-and-chain does help with the center of gravity, particularly when the arm is outstretched.

Yo, I saw this when you first posted it, but have procrastinated from posting a comment. It reminds me of clayface from Batman but with a special arm. maybe he can hang out with the Tantacle Commando from D3 and they can both discuss how they are outcasts due to their clumbsy arm always knocking things over.

Lol I'm sure the commando woulden't be AS upset as the golem would be, at least he can control his tentacle.

I also noticed the similiarity to Clayface when I was painting it--all he'd need is another arm, and an angry looking face, with yellow/white pupils, and it'd be a pretty close approximation.

In retrospect, it's kind of funny I actually made this guy--when I first saw the Golem's sprite, years ago, before I owned the game he comes from, I thought it was the stupidest looking golem design I had ever seen. What can I say? He grew on me.

Really nice model......

I don't think I would like to have an arm like that...... I would hit myself in the nuts all the time......

Likely not a problem when your nuts are made out of solid quartz. :)